- Jun 2016
Come on man. Civilization simply did not exist outside Europe, India(subcontinent), China and Middle East . In two Americas, all you had was a small land in Andes and then in Mesoamerica while some 40 million sqkm was just barren land full of tribals of stone age many of whom relished human meat. And Australia, Pacific Islands , Borneo were same.
Case of Sub Saharan Africa is different. I agree that Sub Saharans were better than guys listed above but most of them were too primitive.
1. List a single book written in Sub Saharan Africa before 1500 ADs. Note that by this time, all great regions like ME, India, China and Europe had produced thousands of texts. 1000 vs 0.
2. List a single Sub Saharan language having any literature (in written form) before 1700s.
3. List a single SS African kingdom issuing coins with even a bit of standardisation.
4. List a single Sub Saharan 'philosopher' who wrote in contexts not Islamic or Christian.
5. List a single SS religion that exists today in any SS nation and is powerful than Islam or Christianity.
I do not even know how people even think of comparing Romans with Sub Saharans, a tiny nation like Sri Lanka has far greater heritage in literature, philosophy, arts and kingdoms than entire SS Africa put together.
I think you should refrain from talking so much. Restrain your mouth! The Nok civilization has many extremely ancient statues. Mémoire d'Afrique - Nok - Public gallery
Another ancient culture belongeth to the Sao.
Lost in the Mists of Time: The Ancient Sao Civilization in Central Africa | Ancient Origins
An ancient cemetery was discovered in the Sahara desert, from when it used to be green.
that's an Oni head from Ife
Statues were stolen from Nigeria by the colonizing British and some were returned recently. At least they had been in a museum?? Didn't help much though.. makes everybody think the Nigerians have no statues???????? I dont get it. https://qz.com/1054364/the-british-museum-will-return-bronze-sculptures-looted-from-benin-nearly-two-centuries-ago/