Blacks Had No History Before Slavery?

Status
Closed
Jun 2016
NJ
Come on man. Civilization simply did not exist outside Europe, India(subcontinent), China and Middle East . In two Americas, all you had was a small land in Andes and then in Mesoamerica while some 40 million sqkm was just barren land full of tribals of stone age many of whom relished human meat. And Australia, Pacific Islands , Borneo were same.

Case of Sub Saharan Africa is different. I agree that Sub Saharans were better than guys listed above but most of them were too primitive.

1. List a single book written in Sub Saharan Africa before 1500 ADs. Note that by this time, all great regions like ME, India, China and Europe had produced thousands of texts. 1000 vs 0.

2. List a single Sub Saharan language having any literature (in written form) before 1700s.

3. List a single SS African kingdom issuing coins with even a bit of standardisation.

4. List a single Sub Saharan 'philosopher' who wrote in contexts not Islamic or Christian.

5. List a single SS religion that exists today in any SS nation and is powerful than Islam or Christianity.

I do not even know how people even think of comparing Romans with Sub Saharans, a tiny nation like Sri Lanka has far greater heritage in literature, philosophy, arts and kingdoms than entire SS Africa put together.

I think you should refrain from talking so much. Restrain your mouth! The Nok civilization has many extremely ancient statues. Mémoire d'Afrique - Nok - Public gallery

Another ancient culture belongeth to the Sao.
Lost in the Mists of Time: The Ancient Sao Civilization in Central Africa | Ancient Origins

An ancient cemetery was discovered in the Sahara desert, from when it used to be green.
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/08/080814-sereno-sahara-missions.html

that's an Oni head from Ife

Statues were stolen from Nigeria by the colonizing British and some were returned recently. At least they had been in a museum?? Didn't help much though.. makes everybody think the Nigerians have no statues???????? I dont get it. https://qz.com/1054364/the-british-museum-will-return-bronze-sculptures-looted-from-benin-nearly-two-centuries-ago/

Ighayere

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Benin City, Nigeria
No point in reviving old threads when they have already run their course. Especially when the poster you're replying to is banned.

Nov 2017
United States
Hi.. maybe the US "black" forums are the sources...

In some forum some claim: talians are not white and the only reason white people try to claim them is so that they can associate themselves with Rome. ( Why not with Florence and Venice renaissance ? )
I don't think anybody argues Italians are black. There are some people, and not only blacks, who think that Italians aren't white. Especially the southern Italians in America. However, saying somebody isn't white isn't the same as saying they are black.

Aug 2014
Portugal
I don't think anybody argues Italians are black. There are some people, and not only blacks, who think that Italians aren't white. Especially the southern Italians in America. However, saying somebody isn't white isn't the same as saying they are black.
I've heard it about the Portuguese, Jews, etc.

But who has the authority to say a person is or isn't white? And what is the usefulness of that?

Pedro

Forum Staff
Mar 2008
On a mountain top in Costa Rica. yeah...I win!!
No point in reviving old threads when they have already run their course. Especially when the poster you're replying to is banned.
Good Point.
THREAD CLOSED.

Status
Closed