Book Recommendations On the Jacobite Risings

Feb 2019
Serbia
Does anyone here know of any good books covering the Jacobite Risings and the Jacobite movement in general, particularly the 1745 Rebellion? I want to learn more about it but I don't know where to start, any recommendations.

Nov 2019
Oregon
I am not a Historian , I just picked up these books. They were recommended by a friend who has been studying Scottish history for awhile. He told me to get a basic understanding of the Jacobites then get these:

Culloden - Murray Pittock

The Myth of the Jacobite Clans - Murray Pittock

Celtic Identity and the British image - Murray Pittock

I might have drifted off topic , my bad if so.

Feb 2019
Serbia
What about doing a search for this on the Internet Archive in order to see if you can find anything (any books, et cetera) about this topic there:

I figure that the Internet Archive is a good place to start if one is looking for free books about something. Some of the books on there are very high-quality as well.
I appreciate the thought, but this response is an equivalent to ''go Google it.'' I could and did search up books on the topic and saw a few, however I don't know if they're good. The same applies to searching the archive, I can probably find something but I won't know if that ''something'' is good until I finish it and read something else to check the source for accuracy.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I appreciate the thought, but this response is an equivalent to ''go Google it.'' I could and did search up books on the topic and saw a few, however I don't know if they're good. The same applies to searching the archive, I can probably find something but I won't know if that ''something'' is good until I finish it and read something else to check the source for accuracy.
What about this book? :

I mean, it does have good ratings on Amazon--though there are only six reviewers in total for this book on Amazon.

Nov 2019
Oregon
Also, this might be worth checking out

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Also, this might be worth checking out

Yes, certainly. I was just about to personally post this link here. :)

Reactions: Oregonian89
Feb 2019
Serbia
What about this book? :

I mean, it does have good ratings on Amazon--though there are only six reviewers in total for this book on Amazon.
Thank you, I didn't know Fremont-Barnes wrote on this subject. I'm currently reading his book on Austerlitz and his books on the Royal Navy in the Napoleonic Wars and the Battle of the Nile are some of my favourite Osprey books that I use frequently for reference, if this one is the same as those then it should be good.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Thank you, I didn't know Fremont-Barnes wrote on this subject. I'm currently reading his book on Austerlitz and his books on the Royal Navy in the Napoleonic Wars and the Battle of the Nile are some of my favourite Osprey books that I use frequently for reference, if this one is the same as those then it should be good.
No problem! :)

Also, please check out Oregonian89's link right above. :)

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Also, here's another book about this topic that might be of interest to you:

At the very least, it got a good review.

Also, it shows a whole bunch of books about this topic here:

You can click on each one of these books to see their Amazon pages and to see the Amazon reviews for these books.

For instance, this book about this topic (from the book review at the very top of this post) has a 3.5 rating on Amazon:

Meanwhile, Christopher Duffy's book about this topic has a 4.5 rating on Amazon:

So, yeah, I would highly advise you to click on my second link in this post and to click on all of the books about this topic that Google displays and to look at the Amazon pages and Amazon reviews for all of these books.