British itv series "Victoria"

stevev

Ad Honorem
Apr 2017
Las Vegas, NV USA
Coleman is one of those fortunate people that look much younger than they are. She could easily pass for a 25 year old, which she easily accomplished in the series. That is likely to set an upper limit on theatrical aging.
Anna Neagle played Victoria in the 1937 movie "Victoria the Great" from youth to old age:

Stock Photo - Anna Neagle as Queen Victoria in the musical "Glorious Days". March 1953 D1070A-003

Of course this picture was 16 years after the movie. I saw the actual movie on youtube but I couldn't find a picture of her as the aged queen. I remember her face was caked with makeup. It wasn't very convincing.

Last edited:

Edratman

Ad Honorem
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
Anna Neagle played Victoria in the 1937 movie "Victoria the Great" from youth to old age:

Stock Photo - Anna Neagle as Queen Victoria in the musical "Glorious Days". March 1953 D1070A-003

Of course this picture was 16 years after the movie. I saw the actual movie on youtube but I couldn't find a picture of her as the aged queen. I remember her face was caked with makeup. It wasn't very convincing.
I think the producers would choose "convincing" for the current series.

Similar History Discussions