Brunei to expand use of Sharia law

Dec 2015
USA
Brunei the abode of peace a wonderful and beautiful country filled with good people

Like Israel and Saudi Arabia though the government of Brunei provides intolerance but it’s people respect freedom and love

Dec 2015
USA
Do United States is currently Al I just
Update.... The innocuous shariah law in Brunei is now in full swing, but dont nobody worry

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/27/asia/brunei-anti-lgbt-stoning-law-intl/index.html

A new law which comes into effect from next week will punish homosexual sex and adultery with death in the small southeast Asian kingdom of Brunei.
Beginning on April 3, any individuals found guilty of the offenses will be stoned to death, according to a new penal code. The punishment will be "witnessed by a group of Muslims."
The country's strict new laws were announced in 2014, and have been rolled out gradually. The latest phase of implementation, including the brutal new provisions, was quietly announced on the Brunei attorney general's website on December 29, 2018.

Human rights groups were quick to express horror at the penal code, which will also order amputation as a punishment for theft.

Progress in our time.....
The United States is currently allied to Saudi Arabia and Israel both with Theocratic laws.

It’s in part The fault of the United States government as well as the Russian and Chinese government who are the powerful of the world and it is incumbent upon them to bring freedom to the oppressed people of the world

Jul 2016
USA
It’s people that commit crimes my brother.

In our World we have very violent and intolerant religious and nonreligious people. Crime is a worldwide issue and crime does not know skin color or religion
I'm not your brother, I use that term for actual brothers or those I feel a strong sense of camaraderie with.

And its not random people murdering/executing the homosexuals, its a state that decided to fully adhere to Sharia, which means Islamic religious law. Ergo, when they kill the homosexuals, they're following a religion. They'll make an arrest using police empowered by the state. They'll have a trial, with a judge empowered by the state. They'll use Sharia law to prosecute. Then they'll execute by the power of the state.

Oct 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
A new law which comes into effect from next week will punish homosexual sex and adultery with death in the small southeast Asian kingdom of Brunei.
Is this supposed to be a bad thing? It is good to know that there are still some people who are willing to oppose filth.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Why do you insist on making these sweeping statements about countries you have never visited? Even if you have, how on earth can you speak to the 'goodness' of an entire nation's people ?
I think that someone who is filled with a lot of religious fervor could be inclined to make such general, sweeping statements--about the goodness of humanity as a whole and whatnot.