Brunei to expand use of Sharia law

Dec 2015
USA
In your previous post you absolve the people of Brunei for wrongs their country does, and then immediately after you blame three completely other countries for Brunei following Islamic law to kill homosexuals and adulterers. Nice.

"bring freedom to the oppressed people of the world" :lol: Do you even have a clue what that even means?
Yes, its very simple my good friend. Even Tucker Carlson of Fox news says its incumbent on the powerful of the world to help the oppressed. And I disagree with much of what Carlson says.. But we can see Conservatives and liberals alike want for Brunei the same thing...that is freedom.

There are concerts in Brunei, there are concerts in Israel and Saudi Arabia even amid the intolerant laws. The world knows that in Brunei, the people want and love what we Americans love.

The point is the people are not the problem, intolerant governments are. W/e you say in response, the position is straightforward. I am saying that the Gov of the United States needs to do alot more with countries like Israel, Saudi and Brunei we need to make these Governments come to the table and provide liberal laws to their people. Its not my problem if you misinterpret my posts, its on you if you want to say things like "Nice" in response to a post of mine that clearly and unequivocally condemns the intolerant Theocratic governments of our world.

Feb 2019
California
So you are claiming that Brunei is like radical Muslims in Britain? Amazing....You have been here? Probably not. You saw my evidence of non-Muslims in critical civil court positions? You have pushed aside my actual non-theoretical hands on experience here to your views of radicals there.....tsk tsk tsk....very broad brush thinking.

You ignore that facts I have offered and seem not to understand that radical Islam is ALSO political, just like the Irish problem is...or I guess you think the big Palestine land question is something else ....and to suggest that the crazies in Britain are like Bruneians shows real lack of experience.

I am not interested in the troubles you are having in Britain, or I would have explored that; the topic is Brunei, not Brixton, Bromely or Baghdad.

Importing your "justice" from China is nothing to brag about.

Dec 2015
USA
Why do you insist on making these sweeping statements about countries you have never visited? Even if you have, how on earth can you speak to the 'goodness' of an entire nation's people ?
Im about to duck out of this thread. The same few people are quoting me as they do in other threads.

Im not making a sweeping statement. It is true that there are good and decent people in Brunei.

Im done posting itt as a matter of fact. Have a good day.

Jul 2016
USA
Yes, its very simple my good friend. Even Tucker Carlson of Fox news says its incumbent on the powerful of the world to help the oppresed.

There are concerts in Brunei, there are concerts in Israel and Saudi Arabia even amid the intolerant laws. The world knows that in Brunei, the people want and love what we Americans love.

The point is the people are not the problem, intolerant governments are. W/e you say in response, the position is straightforward. I am saying that the Gov of the United States needs to do alot more with countries like Israel, Saudi and Brunei we need to make these Governments come to the table and provide liberal laws to their people.
I'm not your good friend. You shouldn't make assumptions.

You can post videos of concerts all you want, if any of those musicians fornicate with a member of the same sex or out of wedlock, they're going to get stoned to death because Mohammed said so.

The only way to force a country to accept "liberal laws" is through either economic sanctions/embargoes, or threat/use of military force. Which of course you'd not condone, because "Everybody love everybody" doesn't work well with starving kids (which is the message embargoes send) or dead babies (which is what happens in war). Which is why nobody wins with you.

If you envisioned unicorns in your scenario riding on a rainbow bridge across the Atlantic, it would actually be no less realistic than anything else you've stated.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Yes, its very simple my good friend. Even Tucker Carlson of Fox news says its incumbent on the powerful of the world to help the oppressed. And I disagree with much of what Carlson says.. But we can see Conservatives and liberals alike want for Brunei the same thing...that is freedom.

The point is the people are not the problem, intolerant governments are. W/e you say in response, the position is straightforward. I am saying that the Gov of the United States needs to do alot more with countries like Israel, Saudi and Brunei we need to make these Governments come to the table and provide liberal laws to their people. Its not my problem if you misinterpret my posts, its on you if you want to say things like "Nice" in response to a post of mine that clearly and unequivocally condemns the intolerant Theocratic governments of our world.
I'm a fan of understanding between different cultures, but never, ever make the mistake of assuming other cultures are just like us.

If you'd actually visited and lived amongst other cultures you would know that.