Bushido

Sep 2009
NC United States
What is your favorite principle of bushido?, or if many or all, list them and give me your thoughts, remember there is 7 total. And if you have a favorite why did you choose it over the rest, why is it your favorite?

diddyriddick

Historum Emeritas
May 2009
A tiny hamlet in the Carolina Sandhills
What is your favorite principle of bushido?, or if many or all, list them and give me your thoughts, remember there is 7 total. And if you have a favorite why did you choose it over the rest, why is it your favorite?
Psssst! I don't know the 7 principles. Help me out here....If I get another F, Dad is gonna kick my butt!
:p

Sep 2009
NC United States
Haha alright guys....here they are

• Rectitude
  • Courage
  • Benevolence(kindness)
  • respect
  • Honesty
  • Honor
  • Loyalty
There is the 7, the samutai practiced this everyday...now is there a favorite you guys have? Or maybe all? And if you did choose one..why? I am just curious and would like to make conversation about it.

Rasta

Ad Honoris
Aug 2009
Minnesnowta
My favorites would probably be Courage, Benevolence, and Honor.

Sep 2009
NC United States
Yeah Honor would be my first choice then honesty, then courage. Those three are crucial to the code in my opinion.

okamido

Forum Staff
Jun 2009
land of Califia
as I do not see Loyalty running rampant in the world this day, outside of the Band of Brothers, I will select it as my choice. they are all equally important, however, as the concept cannot exist without all components intact.

Sep 2009
NC United States
as I do not see Loyalty running rampant in the world this day, outside of the Band of Brothers, I will select it as my choice. they are all equally important, however, as the concept cannot exist without all components intact.

Very true, and thanks for your input.

Similar History Discussions History Forum Date
Asian History
Asian History
Asian History
Asian History