Academic Guidance Can’t decide if I should take AP Euro.

Aug 2019
USA
I’m going into my senior year of high school, and I love history. However, my close friend told me that the AP Euro class at my school can be pretty boring. My other option for a social science is to take AP Capstone Research, although I’m not sure that I can handle the course load. I was wondering what your guys’ honest opinions about AP Euro is? Anything from how interesting the class is, to how much homework there is, etc. would be appreciated!

pikeshot1600

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
I’m going into my senior year of high school, and I love history. However, my close friend told me that the AP Euro class at my school can be pretty boring. My other option for a social science is to take AP Capstone Research, although I’m not sure that I can handle the course load. I was wondering what your guys’ honest opinions about AP Euro is? Anything from how interesting the class is, to how much homework there is, etc. would be appreciated!
Your close friend probably isn't interested in history, but that is only my assumption. How in God's name could European history be boring? Maybe it is the instructor(s).

TAKE the course!

Edratman

Forum Staff
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
You have stated that you love history. Take the European history class.

Aren't homework assignments vastly influenced by the instructor?

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I took AP Euro back when I was in high school slightly over a decade ago (specifically in 10th grade). I strongly enjoyed it and I got an A in it both semesters. It was extremely interesting to learn about various aspects of European history from 1300 up to the present-day and if you love history, you should enjoy AP Euro. :) If you love history, I don't see why exactly AP Euro would be boring for you specifically.

Reactions: Edratman
Aug 2019
USA
I took AP Euro back when I was in high school slightly over whatsapp web whatsapp plus a decade ago (specifically in 10th grade). I strongly enjoyed it and I got an A in it both semesters. It was extremely interesting to learn about various aspects of European history from 1300 up to the present-day and if you love history, you should enjoy AP Euro. :) If you love history, I don't see why exactly AP Euro would be boring for you specifically.

wow!

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Yeah, it might be boring for someone who isn't into history, but if you are into history, I really don't see why exactly it would be boring for you.

P.S.: There's a "Reply" button on the right side of the page. If you want to reply to someone, please click it in order to quote the relevant post.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Advanced Placement European History. It's a history class that is offered in various high schools in the US.
Thank you.

This would probably be better in a learning section of the forum, not in the European History.

In "Learning History", or "Academic/Career Guidance"...

Reactions: betgo and Futurist