Can anyone tell me in detail about battle ships of Ming and Japan?

Feb 2011
忠 = Loyalty
孝 = Filial Piety
仁 = Benevolence
爱 = Love

I'm no expert on Ming military flags, but personally I'm not sure if the flags are accurate. Having a banner with the "Love" word on it just doesn't sound very military.

光中 = Middle Light
漢 = Han (ethnic group, or the dynasty)
明 = Ming (bright, or the dynasty)

忠 = Loyalty
孝 = Filial Piety
仁 = Benevolence
爱 = Love

I'm no expert on Ming military flags, but personally I'm not sure if the flags are accurate. Having a banner with the "Love" word on it just doesn't sound very military.

光中 = Middle Light
Love/Sex are usually inseparable from Warfare in many literatures around the world. I can't read Chinese yet either (not even with my Sharingan as Sasuke Uchiha), but could the word also represent passionate/aggressive support of all other listed virtues?

May 2009
Anybody here who can help me with Chinese readings on flags/banners/pendants?
I am looking for something relevant to Ming warship of late 16CE.
Below are some flags I can find so far.

Or may be you have better option ?
Very appreciate your advice!:)

Ming_flags_patreon.jpg

These flags are usually used in movies and TV shows as the Ming "national flag" (even though technically there was no one national flag yet). Ming ships visiting / invading foreign counties would be most likely to fly the national flag. No reason to fly it within the Ming realm. Everyone knows where they live :p

I'd love to read a book (or even a paper) about imperial Chinese flags and banners but I haven't found any (at least not in English). I believe there are descriptions and illustrations of specific military banners in the various dynastic histories, but those haven't been translated either.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
Singapore
忠 = Loyalty
孝 = Filial Piety
仁 = Benevolence
爱 = Love)
Thank you very much! That exactly my problem, when cannot read Chinese.

光中 = Middle Light
Those pictures are named as dynasty flags ( in English internet at least) . Can I use it? Maybe without characters on it? Are they correct in colours?

Love/Sex are usually inseparable from Warfare in many literatures around the world. I can't read Chinese yet either (not even with my Sharingan as Sasuke Uchiha), but could the word also represent passionate/aggressive support of all other listed virtues?
There is something attractive in this logic, however I would like to have historically correct flags, as much as possible.

Dec 2018
Singapore
Those are what I can found so far in internet:
Han dynasty banner
Flag China_Han_Imperial_Banner.png
Ming dynasty flag
Flag China Ming dynasty.gif
Qing dynasty imperial flag
flag_of_the_qing_dynasty_1889-1912-svg_.png
Flag of China from 1850
Flag China 1850.gif
Banner Qing dynasty
flag china banner Oing dynasty1.jpg
Naval Flag of China 1872
naval flag china_1872.gif
Also there is a good picture of Ming Emperor Wanli (1573-1620) on boat with flags
Wanli Emperor (1573–1620) enjoying a  boat ride on a river.jpg

How accurate those definitions? Any advice how i can use any of above?