Can someone please help me with these History questions on the Ottoman Empire?

Jun 2019
California
1. What is the name for the series of commercial treaties that Ottoman sultans signed with the Christian states of Europe, which gave European merchants conducting trade with the empire special privileges?

2. During the 16th century, while the Ottomans established dominance over the eastern part of the Middle East, the Safavids ruled over the western half of the region. True/False

3. The Ottomans adopted Shi'ite Islam/Shi'ism as their official state religion, while the Safavids were Sunnis. True/False

4. Who was the leader of the Safavid Empire who moved the capital from Tabriz to Isfahan in 1598

5. What are the four principle traditions that informed Ottoman elites' attitudes toward state and society?

6. The Ottoman ruling elite comprised of which three major groupings?

7. Ottoman slaves constituted an elite class within the empire, and ran many of the Ottoman ruling institutions. In this sense, the term "slaves" is misleading, because Ottoman slavery was so unlike the chattel slavery practiced in the Americas. True or False?

Edratman

Ad Honorem
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
Wearing my moderator hat, I am posting the Homework Policy for Historum.

We will help students with their homework. We WILL NOT do their homework!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
History Homework Policy
Historum offers support and assistance for anyone seeking help with their history homework assignment. Our objective is to guide students by providing sources of information and knowledge to enable them to succeed. When asking homework questions, you're required to show signs of your work before receiving assistance. Some examples to show your work:

• What relevant sources of information have you found?
  • What are the definitions of the key terms in the question?
  • What is the broader context of the question?
  • What is your preliminary position on the topic?
  • If applicable, what major historical events were taking place in the world at that time?
Homework Integrity
Historum wants to maintain our integrity as a community that aids in learning history. When helping others with their homework,
please ensure evidence of their work is provided

Jun 2019
California
Wearing my moderator hat, I am posting the Homework Policy for Historum.

We will help students with their homework. We WILL NOT do their homework!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
History Homework Policy
Historum offers support and assistance for anyone seeking help with their history homework assignment. Our objective is to guide students by providing sources of information and knowledge to enable them to succeed. When asking homework questions, you're required to show signs of your work before receiving assistance. Some examples to show your work:

• What relevant sources of information have you found?
  • What are the definitions of the key terms in the question?
  • What is the broader context of the question?
  • What is your preliminary position on the topic?
  • If applicable, what major historical events were taking place in the world at that time?
Homework Integrity
Historum wants to maintain our integrity as a community that aids in learning history. When helping others with their homework, please ensure evidence of their work is provided

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
1. What is the name for the series of commercial treaties that Ottoman sultans signed with the Christian states of Europe, which gave European merchants conducting trade with the empire special privileges?

2. During the 16th century, while the Ottomans established dominance over the eastern part of the Middle East, the Safavids ruled over the western half of the region. True/False

3. The Ottomans adopted Shi'ite Islam/Shi'ism as their official state religion, while the Safavids were Sunnis. True/False

4. Who was the leader of the Safavid Empire who moved the capital from Tabriz to Isfahan in 1598

5. What are the four principle traditions that informed Ottoman elites' attitudes toward state and society?

6. The Ottoman ruling elite comprised of which three major groupings?

7. Ottoman slaves constituted an elite class within the empire, and ran many of the Ottoman ruling institutions. In this sense, the term "slaves" is misleading, because Ottoman slavery was so unlike the chattel slavery practiced in the Americas. True or False?
Looks like somebody is gonna get an F unless they start studying.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Can you help me with the assignment or not?
As already mentioned here by a moderator, the forum as Homework Policy rules and unless you write an elaborated post stating what you already researched and your perspectives about that research you will probably won’t see much help here

Even if I would say that many members here would like to jump to a discussion on these themes!

Edratman

Ad Honorem
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
All of these questions can be answered in about 5 min on google/wikipedia. Why would you go to the hassle of making an account on a forum and posting here? That's actually *more* time consuming.
I wondered that myself. My best guess is that he has the list of questions on a computer so a copy and paste quickly covers that aspect. As for the time to make an account.....??????