Cases where a particular side won a war and imposed a peace settlement but was subsequently unwilling to actually enforce this settlement?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Would you call Venice Veniceland? City states or effective city-states are often just refereed to as the city name since the majority of the population live in the city.
It would depend on whether or not this term is widely used. If so, then Yes; if not, then No.

FTR, Hollywood was initially known as Hollywoodland. Even the famous sign there initially said this:

Hollywood Sign - Wikipedia

Your own homeland, of course, is known as Panzerland! ;)

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Genoaland
Ragusaland
Padualand
Milanland

this is sort of fun...
Naplesland
Parisland
Londonland
Berlinland
Antwerpland
Brusselsland
Amsterdamland
Warsawland
Budapestland
Bucharestland
Belgradeland
Istanbulland
Moscowland
St. Petersburg Land
Tel Aviv Land
Jerusalemland
Lagosland
Abujaland
Haifaland
Be'ershebaland
Eilatland
Ammanland
Baghdadland
Damascusland
Bangkokland
Jakartaland
Ho Chi Minh City Land (Saigonland)
Hanoiland
Beijingland
Shanghailand
Guangzhouland
Harbinland
Shenzhenland
Wuhanland

Kotromanic

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Iowa USA
I didn't say it wasn't used, just not very often. For instance nobody calls the greater metropolitan area of New York New York Land.
Connecticut and Jersey are more contentious of their proper deference than are Indiana and Wisconsin. The Racine area is part of Chicagoland when all the train routes are considered and of course Gary/Hammond/Merrillville for Indiana.

But Indiana and Wisconsin don't insist on "Tri State" rather than "ChicagoLand"....

Long story short, Chicagoland I think is meant to be inclusive of the part of the Northwest Indiana which developed due to the port of Chicago on the "East Side", so that is why it is an exception to be married to "Memeland", in my opinion and experience as a native of Southern part of Chicagoland.