Caste System in India - History & Annihilation

Aatreya

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
USA
So let not Rasā, Krumu, or Anitabha, Kubha, or Sindhu hold you back.
Let not the watery Sarayu obstruct your way. With us be all the bliss ye give.
RV 5.53.9

All the rivers mentioned here including Sarayu (Hari-Rud) are West of Indus. It is not the UP Sarayu. It is the Agfghan Sarayu.

View attachment 15927
When did I say that Sarayu in Rig Veda is the UP Sarayu? I said going by the relative positions of the rivers mentioned in RV 5.53.9, Sarayu must have been East of Sindhu because it follows Sindhu in the hymn. As to where exactly it was cannot be determined from those two hymns.I also gave you a comprehensive explanation of the Rig Vedic geography mentioned. There is zero scope for adding Kazhakstan or Turkmenistan there.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Which is the Sarayu West of Indus? It was mentioned separately because it had a west-going course, which no other river has. Argandhab and Helmond have south-going course. Murghab has a north-going course. It is through the Herat valley that Aryans came to Kabul, Ghor region.

Aatreya

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
USA
Which is the Sarayu West of Indus? It was mentioned separately because it had a west-going course, which no other river has. Argandhab and Helmond have south-going course. Murghab has a north-going course. It is through the Herat valley that Aryans came to Kabul, Ghor region.
Maybe the Aryans went through Herat valley away from Kabul, not into it, for they were already there.

I said East of Indus, not West.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
That is in the hymns which mention a long dawn, a long night, a long day and priests completing their sacrificial sattra (cycle, year) in nine or ten months.
Maybe the Aryans went through Herat valley away from Kabul, not into it, for they were already there.
You are gain disregarding the archaeological evidence which shows the movement in opposite direction - from Volga/Yamanaya to Samara, Aral, Sogiana, Merve, Yaz Depe. The Aryans were all around Afghanistan before coming to India.

Aatreya

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
USA
That is in the hymns which mention a long dawn, a long night, a long day and priests completing their sacrificial sattra (cycle, year) in nine or ten months.You are gain disregarding the archaeological evidence which shows the movement in opposite direction - from Volga/Yamanaya to Samara, Aral, Sogiana, Merve, Yaz Depe. The Aryans were all around Afghanistan before coming to India.
Only you and your AMT friends should believe that the archaeological evidences in Russia were "Aryan". Thankfully I am not one of those who do. For the real Aryans, you'd better search in your backyard.

Don't keep repeating the same nonsense regarding long night and long dawn. No authentic work in India (where those sacrifices were conceived and done) supports your gibberish.

Oct 2015
India
I tend to agree with Aatreya on this thing. There seems to be no cogent archaeological evidence that any society in Central Asia matches with the material or social culture depicted Rig Ved Samhita.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Only you and your AMT friends should believe that the archaeological evidences in Russia were "Aryan". Thankfully I am not one of those who do. For the real Aryans, you'd better search in your backyard.

Don't keep repeating the same nonsense regarding long night and long dawn. No authentic work in India (where those sacrifices were conceived and done) supports your gibberish.
People outside of Indo-Iranian cultural sphere claiming themselves as Aryan itself seems a big historical fraud.

Similar History Discussions