Caste System in India - History & Annihilation

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Both of these men are former Chief Ministers of Bihar in Eastern India:
The guy on the left is Jitan Ram Manjhi who is a Mahadalit (I believe they are called Musahars in Bihar, can any Bihari correct me?) who are considered lower caste. The guy on the right is Jaganath Mishra who is a Brahmin. Can anyone show me any Mahadalit/Musahar who looks like Jaganath Mishra. I’m sure there are some Brahmins who look like the individual on the left but not vice versa.
Just look at the person in the background in the image, you cannot exactly place him.
Common denominator is beautiful nice, long, straight noses - luv them got any more?
You are forgetting a lot just for the nose, which of course, is important.

Jul 2014
world
Both of these men are former Chief Ministers of Bihar in Eastern India:
View attachment 20359
The guy on the left is Jitan Ram Manjhi who is a Mahadalit (I believe they are called Musahars in Bihar, can any Bihari correct me?) who are considered lower caste.

The guy on the right is Jaganath Mishra who is a Brahmin. Can anyone show me any Mahadalit/Musahar who looks like Jaganath Mishra. I’m sure there are some Brahmins who look like the individual on the left but not vice versa.
I am not an Indian but just out of my head I can say Paswan or his son who looks like a movie star. Or that Gujarati mewani guy who is an MLA. Aren’t they all Dalits or maha Dalits ?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Paswan married a Punjabi woman after leaving his first uneducated wife and his first son forlorn back in his village. There have been mix-ups in India since time immemorial. Nobody can claim paternity, sometimes not even the woman. Satyakama's mother Jabala said to her son, "I have sported with many men in my youth. I do not know who your father is."

Apr 2019
India
Paswan married a Punjabi woman after leaving his first uneducated wife and his first son forlorn back in his village. There have been mix-ups in India since time immemorial. Nobody can claim paternity, sometimes not even the woman. Satyakama's mother Jabala said to her son, "I have sported with many men in my youth. I do not know who your father is."
What was real varna of Paswans? Or were they out of varna system? They used to carry weapons. The formal 'caste' categorization is messed up.

Satyakama's mother was probably a 'kutani' that's why she didn't know who his father was. But Satyakama became a brahmin.
In Vedas there we find mention of matronymics so maybe in the past it was not unusual to be known by name of mothers.

Jan 2019
Valencia
I am not an Indian but just out of my head I can say Paswan or his son who looks like a movie star. Or that Gujarati mewani guy who is an MLA. Aren’t they all Dalits or maha Dalits ?
Yeah Paswans are ordinary Dalits while Musahars are Mahadalits that are supposedly beneath them. Paswans are usually indistinguishable from other castes though from my experience.

Jan 2019
Valencia
To further this, not every Brahmin is fair skinned. Here is childhood photo of Gujarati Brahmin cricket player Hardik Pandya from his instagram:
hardikchild-c_d.jpg
@Sakezai can these guys pass as Saka Pashtuns?

Last edited:
Jun 2019
Afghanistan originally
To further this, not every Brahmin is fair skinned. Here is childhood photo of Gujarati Brahmin cricket player Hardik Pandya from his instagram:
View attachment 20367
@Sakezai can these guys pass as Saka Pashtuns?
Stop trolling on my threads you Indian, I have reported you to mods.

@Naomasa298 you said that you will take care of India trolls in Afghan related threads, what's this ?

I don't care what you are or which caste you belong as dalit or brahman you all are same to us.

Apr 2019
India
I don't care what you are or which caste you belong as dalit or brahman you all are same to us.
Awww...
Thanks for calling us 'same'. This word is music for my ears.

On the side note why does everybody seem to claim Brahmins ancestory for themselves while also abusing brahmins simultaneously. ;)

Last edited:
Jun 2019
Afghanistan originally
Awww...
Thanks for calling us 'same'. This word is music for my ears.

On the side note why does everybody seems to claim Brahmins ancestory for themselves. ;)
You don't have to thank me for anything.

Claiming Brahmin ancestry must be a Desi Thing, among Afghans brahmins are despised for being two faced untrustworthy people.

Similar History Discussions