Castles in the Desert: Satellites Reveal Lost Cities of Libya

Jan 2009
Tennessee
I found an interesting but slightly confusing article on them which said this...

They first appeared in the historical record in the fifth century B.C., when Herodotus noted the Garamantes were an exceedingly numerous people who herded cattle (that grazed backward!) and who hunted "troglodyte Ethiopians" from four-horse chariots.

And that came from here...

http://www.archaeology.org/0403/abstracts/sands.html

May 2011
Karaj, Iran
I rarely attack people on forums, but I wanted to tell everybody that arguments with the user Qutuz are generally non-productive, and no useful piece of information is presented in his posts. He is just interested in debates concerning Arabs and Islam and most of the times has no interest in the actual topic the thread is supposed to be about.

I do not care if I get banned for writing this. We are here to learn something and enjoy discussing History aren't we?

Dec 2009
Ozarkistan
I rarely attack people on forums, but I wanted to tell everybody that arguments with the user Qutuz are generally non-productive, and no useful piece of information is presented in his posts. He is just interested in debates concerning Arabs and Islam and most of the times has no interest in the actual topic the thread is supposed to be about.

I do not care if I get banned for writing this. We are here to learn something and enjoy discussing History aren't we?
Historum may be putatively a history class, but I find "cocktail party" a more apt description. If you insist on classroom decorum, enroll in a decorous class, I guess. Otherwise, just have a drink and circulate. :D

Similar History Discussions