Castles similar to Månstorp (Sweden)?

Feb 2019
Denmark
I've written an article about a Danish castle (of which only few ruins remains left) and how to reconstruct it. The thing is, the castle may most likely have had a similar look like the Månstorp Castle in Sweden, with the same rounded off front gable.

As of translating and editing the article for publish on this forum for feedback/review, I want to do some more research. I'd like to ask if any of you know of any similar castles around Europe with gables like Månstorp? I haven't found any and I've done research for more than a year now.

For copyright reasons I don't want to insert pictures of Månstorp (as I don't own those images), but I'll give you a link to the site:
Månstorp gavlar

- There is also a reconstruction drawing of the castle.

Aug 2011
Sweden
I've written an article about a Danish castle (of which only few ruins remains left) and how to reconstruct it. The thing is, the castle may most likely have had a similar look like the Månstorp Castle in Sweden, with the same rounded off front gable.

As of translating and editing the article for publish on this forum for feedback/review, I want to do some more research. I'd like to ask if any of you know of any similar castles around Europe with gables like Månstorp? I haven't found any and I've done research for more than a year now.

For copyright reasons I don't want to insert pictures of Månstorp (as I don't own those images), but I'll give you a link to the site:
Månstorp gavlar

- There is also a reconstruction drawing of the castle.
Nya rön om Månstorps gavlar, Skåne, Sverige. (2013)

Aug 2011
Sweden
Thanks a lot, but unfortunately I have a really hard time reading Swedish.

I can understand some of the words, but I miss the context. Can you summarize in English please?
Alright neighbour. Give me the weekend. But I can say now that the bow shaped outline was perhaps result of the earlier round moat on which the house was built.

Similar History Discussions