Catholic Church may have already had a black Pope

Jan 2019
Eastern Europe
Unless he had sub-Saharan origin he would probably look like the modern Arab.
I mean Romans were not colorblind and could show black color if the wanted to do that.

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
Unless he had sub-Saharan origin he would probably look like the modern Arab.
I mean Romans were not colorblind and could show black color if the wanted to do that.
What is this subsaharan thing you're referring to? Joan provided proof earlier that if one is from Africa, they're black. Are you suggesting the individuals from wikipedia she sourced don't know what they're talking about?

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
What is this subsaharan thing you're referring to? Joan provided proof earlier that if one is from Africa, they're black. Are you suggesting the individuals from wikipedia she sourced don't know what they're talking about?

1564474190582.png

" Stop die nonsens nou dadelik ! "

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
A few years back on the "Today" news programme on BBC radio four, the premier news outlet for "serious" news in the UK for those unfamiliar, a guest on the programme was Sister Wendy, a nun who was also an art historian. I don't remember the exact context in which this came up, but there was a connection to a Turkish bid to join the EU, and Sister Wendy explained to us about the origins of "Father Christmas", Saint Nicholas of Myra. Sister Wendy could clearly read a map as she pointed out that ancient Myra was in the Turkish province of Antalya. She then made the statement that Saint Nicholas was therefore a Turk. That the Ottoman Turks did not appear in Anatolia until about 900 years after the time of Saint Nicholas seemed to have completely passed her by, as well as "big hitter" and chair of "Brain of Britain" presenter, John Humphries. So at the end of this piece by two respected establishment figures, Saint Nicholas of Myra, "Father Christmas" had become a Turk and so Turks were an old integrated part of Europe. I presume the BBC thought that we all were sitting at home or wherever with our eyes glazed over and drool coming from our mouths as we soaked this crude propaganda up, none of us ever having read "1984", maybe soon to be a banned book, along with real history books were we can still check the facts against the lies.

Reactions: Ario

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
In the Dutch tradition, St. Nicholas is accompanied by Zwarte Piet, or Black Peter (any relative of Blue Peter?).

Since Santa is served by elves, that makes Piet a dark elf, therefore proving that St. Nicholas is Sauron.

Jan 2008
I believe that Francis Arinze from Nigeria was the black African cardinal who was considered papabile at the 2005 papal conclave.

There have surely been African popes in ancient times from the Maghreb area of North Africa, which is inhabited by Arabs and Berbers, who are Semitic peoples. But never has there been a black African pope. But sub-Saharan Africa is likely the area of the world where the Catholic population is presently growing faster than anywhere else, So it's possible in the future.

Reactions: JoanOfArc007