Catholic Church may have already had a black Pope

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
Hate Thy Neighbor a British Vice Series about extreme right and racism in general, that is honestly pretty interesting...
There was a British sitcom in the 70s called Love Thy Neighbour, which centered around a black guy and a white guy sitting in a pub racially insulting each other. "Honky", "Snowflake", and "Sambo" were common terms. There was a lot of racism implicit in the show but to me it seemed to be directed equally towards blacks and whites. It was just part of the general "ball busting" that guys do to each other and there was no malice intended.

Last edited:
Oct 2012
Great points very well said. And you’re right about the surge of Catholics in Africa, sub Sahara Africa included. I feel within the next five Popes we are going to have a black African pope.

And I thought it was just so wonderful and well articulated How the historian , Mr Davis shown in the original post.... was clear about his points. This is not about taking away culture from Europe or trying to say that Saint Nicholas was Turkic it has nothing whatsoever to do with that. You look at the comment sections in some of the articles I have shown and that is what some people erroneously think
del

Aug 2018
london
Jesus was born in the Middle East which is in Asia therefore Jesus was Chinese — black revisionist logic.

Aug 2018
london
Both of whom are semitic people.
Semitic speaking peoples don't all look the same, Hebrew and Arabic are different branches of Semitic, different languages and ethnicities, so there is no particular reason to assume that a Jew would have looked like an Arab.

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Semitic speaking peoples don't all look the same, Hebrew and Arabic are different branches of Semitic, different languages and ethnicities, so there is no particular reason to assume that a Jew would have looked like an Arab.
What you mean by "not looking the same"? You mean phenotype? Probably in the Hellenistic and Roman period, the peoples of the Ancient Near East - probably not counting the ones living at the Southern tip of the Arabian peninsula since they received a lot of African influence during that period - looked roughly the same when it comes to their facial features and skin tone.

Aramaic-speaking Hebrews at the time of Herodotus would look relatively similar to any population of the Ancient Near East, either Arab or non-Arab. There is no evidence that would make us assume otherwise.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
And why is there any reason to assume they don't look the same?

Aug 2018
london
What you mean by "not looking the same"? You mean phenotype? Probably in the Hellenistic and Roman period, the peoples of the Ancient Near East - probably not counting the ones living at the Southern tip of the Arabian peninsula since they received a lot of African influence during that period - looked roughly the same when it comes to their facial features and skin tone.

Aramaic-speaking Hebrews at the time of Herodotus would look relatively similar to any population of the Ancient Near East, either Arab or non-Arab. There is no evidence that would make us assume otherwise.
So the only reason Arabs of the peninsula look different to Syrians for example is because of African admixure since late antiquity?

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
So the only reason Arabs of the peninsula look different to Syrians for example is because of African admixure since late antiquity?
Somewhat, yes. And also many people from the Levant exhibit some historical European ancestry stemming from the crusades, I believe, but I'm not sure about my last point.