Catholic Church's prohibition of contraceptives

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
The prohibition is mainly based on interpretation of Natural Law.
Yes, it is based on the idea that the natural skopos (aim) of the sexual act is the birth of children, and as such any human contrived obstruction in reaching this skopos is regarded as something unnatural and sinful.

Last edited:

holoow

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Vilnius, Lithuania
Yes, it is based on the idea that the natural skopos (aim) of the sexual act is the birth of children, and as such any human contrived obstruction in reaching this skopos is regarded as something unnatural and sinful.
If I'm not mistaken, current state of man is itself 'unnatural' according to Christianity.

Dec 2015
USA
Do you believe that the Catholic Church's prohibition of contraceptives is the Church's way to produce a lot of poor people so that its power can always be maintained?

because it is proven that natural method of family planning is not very effective after all.

Catholic charities lead the way worldwide in helping the poor. Yes ill willed Catholics have existed through history but The Catholic Church has produced the greatest Empires, Kingdoms, Doctors, Scientists , and Athletes of the world, and has done so much more for the world.

The Church was founded by Jesus and aims to help bring people up into the middle class and beyond perhaps. The Church today aims to preach to the world the Catholic message which includes some things you or others may not like such as no marriage for Priests or Nuns, the teaching that abortion and using contraception is wrong. Even I as a Catholic sometimes may question things, but in the end it is something to admire that is to admire those traditional Catholics of the world adhering to for example not using contraceptions. But its all about free will, a Catholic man or woman adheres to a religion that like all the other great religions adheres to freedom. There is not any Catholic offical today that is going to go into ones homes and force a couple to use contraceptives or not.

Last edited:

Bart Dale

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
Do you believe that the Catholic Church's prohibition of contraceptives is the Church's way to produce a lot of poor people so that its power can always be maintained?

because it is proven that natural method of family planning is not very effective after all.
No. Note, most middle class Catholics largely ignore the ban on contraceptives, evrn religiously devote ones who actively campaign against abortion.

And many poor Prostants, and Muslims don't practice much birth control, even though nothing forbids them to. The practice of birth control doesnt seem.to.be much influenced by any official ban.

Cathic church opposition to birth control has theological routes to it, on their theory of the purpose of sex and marriage, not a desire to promote the birth of poor people so they have more followers. Keep in mind, the Catholic Church promotes priest, monkz, nunz who are not expected to have children, if they were interested in producing more followers they would allow priest to marry, and allow.monks and nuns to marry.

Mar 2017
Colorado
Catholic Church have murdered thousands upon thousands of children because the parents
forgot to marry, they are mass graves of children under many churches.

Mass grave of murdered raped children in Ireland.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-children-found-at-tuam-orphanage-in-ireland

SIN is an imaginary crime that the Catholic Church brand people so they can tithe them too death.
Did you *READ* that article? There is no indication that children were murdered ... at all ... anywhere ... in the article. Instead, it cites the high infant mortality rate in all Ireland at that time.

I know you're no fan of the RCC, but you don't have to invent stuff. Just reach into the overstuffed bag of "Acknowledged Crimes of the Roman Catholic Church." There's plenty to choose from. Please note that I am not defending the RCC here ... I'm merely reading your article.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
And many poor Prostants, and Muslims don't practice much birth control, even though nothing forbids them to. The practice of birth control doesnt seem.to.be much influenced by any official ban.
I have seen Muslim clerics against birth control. Sunni Clerics are completely opposed to it while some Shia clerics supports some means of birth control but they are against operating in the body.

Feb 2018
Manila
Cathic church opposition to birth control has theological routes to it, on their theory of the purpose of sex and marriage, not a desire to promote the birth of poor people so they have more followers. Keep in mind, the Catholic Church promotes priest, monkz, nunz who are not expected to have children, if they were interested in producing more followers they would allow priest to marry, and allow.monks and nuns to marry.

Catholic Church does not allow its clergy and nuns to marry so that when they die, their properties will go straight to the Church.

but to be more practical and more realistic, banning contraceptives in any form really produces more poor people in developing countries like mine and since my country has history of some clergy distorting Catholicism to exploit the ignorance and poverty of some people especially in the clergy's partisan politics, I can't avoid presuming that banning contraceptives is THEIR SUBTLE WAY TO PRODUCE A LOT OF POOR PEOPLE SO THAT THEY CAN CONTROL AND MANIPULATE THEM EASIER.

Similar History Discussions