Chile: Supreme court recognize its fail to protect civilians during dictatorship

Yorgos

Ad Honorem
Jun 2010
Just few days before the 40th anniversary of the military inervention in Chile, a second statement that recognizes "omissions" in the role of the Supreme Court of Chile. Less explicitely than the frist one, which came few days before with the publc apology of the Association of Magistrates of Chile, who delcared clearly their fail to protect civil and human rights of Chileans during the Pinochet dictatorship.
Sadely enough, too late.

Chile?s Supreme Court admits omissions during Pinochet?s military dictatorship - The Washington Post

KGB

Ad Honorem
Apr 2011
Well, court must not act as a political organ... There were laws, the court acted according the laws. Nothing else...

Yorgos

Ad Honorem
Jun 2010
Well, court must not act as a political organ... There were laws, the court acted according the laws. Nothing else...
You seem more keen to admit that the Court acted accordingly to the Constitution than the Court itself. I suggest to read what the Court said.

SirOrmondeWinter

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Interesting to see the debate still rages and probably always will. I think if I had been a Chilean in the 1970s I would have supported Pinochet but then demanded democracy once the Cold War finished

Jul 2017
Argentina
Hey Yorgos.
If you're still there.
To admit an "omission" is sometimes a good way to avoid admitting worse forms of participation.