Chinese communist government mosque and church demolition, Islamic persecution, why no international outcry?

HackneyedScribe

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
Ah yes, the social credit system is another one of those things where the media exaggerated heavily: Thread by @isgoodrum: "Some tweets about China's social credit system, how it isn't actually Black Mirror and how you should stop using facile pop cultural referen […]"

The most blatant lie I've seen is them claiming Winnie the Pooh is banned. By "most blatant lie" I'm using the standard that the amount of effort to check the truth of that claim is laughably easy, yet somehow the news became mainstream and continues to fool tons of people. I can use other standards such as measuring lies in terms of the number of lives the lie took. In which case lies which started wars (Nayirah Testimony, Gulf of Tonkin incident, Ahmed Chalabi/Bush administration, most likely the Syrian gas attack) really takes the cake.

Last edited:

Earl_of_Rochester

Ad Honoris
Feb 2011
Perambulating in St James' Park
For most protestors in the West it's more about drawing attention to themselves and being alternative and cool than protesting about something ethical and important. The latest Trump fiasco in London is a fine example.

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
For most protestors in the West it's more about drawing attention to themselves and being alternative and cool than protesting about something ethical and important. The latest Trump fiasco in London is a fine example.
I don't know how this has anything to do with the subject we are discussing here. It looks like you desperately wanted to find an opportunity to talk bad against a group of people.

Earl_of_Rochester

Ad Honoris
Feb 2011
Perambulating in St James' Park
I don't know how this has anything to do with the subject we are discussing here. It looks like you desperately wanted to find an opportunity to talk bad against a group of people.
How so? International outcry in the West, where I live, generally means people protesting. I took an example of the latest protest and put it into perspective. That is to say it's sort of ridiculous to protest about a democratically elected head of state when there's far more serious problems going on in China, not to mention a more troublesome Russia who's actively poisoning people on British soil. I'll be sure to pass my future posts before you in future to ensure they meet your standards.

YouLoveMeYouKnowIt

Ad Honorem
Oct 2013
Canada
500 points have been deducted from your social credit for this comment. Your slippers shall be promptly confiscated and you are no longer allowed to walk on sidewalks after 12pm.
That isn't even funny.

You're so tryhard but you've only a single orbiter who has been upvoting your 4chan quality posts

Dec 2018
Cheyenne
That isn't even funny.

You're so tryhard but you've only a single orbiter who has been upvoting your 4chan quality posts
If only I was as try hard as you posting from Canada defending your government harvesting organs from live people, Id get a million likes and my social credit score would be through the roof.

HackneyedScribe

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
I've already shown how the media had a history of lying or exaggerating over these very things, not to mention lies which started wars. But to some it's easy to continue hating. Building bridges is hard. Burning bridges is easy. It's always the enemy who's taught to hate. But that situation could never happen to you, right?

Only atrocities like these are false:

Because the media certainly earned the people's trust with the Tonkin Incident, Nayirah testimony, and Iraq War WMD stories.

Last edited: