Chinese Mountain Pattern Armor

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
The local distributors of the Indian stuff generally sort out and appraise the items before they offer them for sale. They have to deal with all the dodgy products instead of us. Buying from a local distributor might cost a little more up front but it saves a lot of money and hassle in the long term. I've found the Chinese manufacturers to be a lot more reliable and consistent and their representatives to be more honest and dependable than any Indian company I've ever dealt with.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
I think it will work! Just have to get rid of that horrid black paint that is on the inside of every brass and bronze piece of armour I've had from India; they use it to strengthen the thinner metal they are using for these things. Looks like it will be thick enough for repousse, but we'll see.. Have to makae about 20- more scales too, apparently. No biggie.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
I will work on sewing the scales by this weekend; that's the main thing --I can deal with the spaulders when I land a workspace, which I am working on. Just have to see if the hexagonal scale pattern works; that's the real question.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
It's amazing stuff. I'm addicted to it now! Someone has to make a sample and shoot some arrows at it! I'm going for the full-on pauldrons with spaulders. Might even make breastplate in two pieces as depicted, as it goes fast.

Similar History Discussions