Christchurch mosque terror attack.

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
so my original point stands then, thank you.

I want once for people not bring others when I mention Muslims and Islam.
Let me be fair and clear, I know they are trying to feel like they are against singling out but I am hard pressed they do actually single out people for shielding. Practicing what is preached they are not.
Yep they are sounding like my youngest: "but she did it too".
Victim blaming? Have we read any bulletin boards or a large segment of the media after an Islamist attack? Such a nice victim membership , one is defended whether targeting or targeted.
Word.

Angelica

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Angel City
If Islam is not a religion then perhaps we should break the news to them especially since they function under religion. As to whether or not they are peaceful I believe for the most part they are peaceful unless you prevent them from having their way. Not all muslims are terriorists on the other hand all terriorists are muslims. We can not overlook this correlation it ties into how a moderate Muslim is easily influenced to become an extremist. There is a difference in what we see and what they are taught.

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle
And not to forget, like in any religion there are fanatics and psychopaths, there are sincerely believing, honest people, and any religion teaches charity, too. Charity to everyone, regardless of religious affiliation. I think there are words for it in all big three, and the idea is specifically to do help to whoever asks you.

And some immigrants perhaps perceive it in their own way, and spread farther. ... I remembered another Salman, "Sal" Khan, the founder of Khan Academy. He is a Muslim, he is married to a Muslim, he is an immigrant to the US, and his idea is that education should be free and accessible. Who does not know Khan Academy?

I mean, we can not expect anything from people just because they have this or that religious affiliation, or none at all. It is impossible to live with paranoia and suspect everyone of murderous plans just because they pray or look differently.

Oct 2013
Europix
Not all muslims are terriorists on the other hand all terriorists are muslims.
Really?

We can not overlook this correlation it ties into how a moderate Muslim is easily influenced to become an extremist. There is a difference in what we see and what they are taught.
Wise words.

May I suggest something?

Change "Muslim" with "Nationalism". And then think Yugoslavia.

Angelica

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Angel City
I do not condone murder nor the perpetrator it was a heinous crime. However, this occurs almost daily to innocent people being ran over, blown up , heads decapitated etc. Unfortunately, it came home to their door at some point or another their own perpetrated the same crime on others. Now the world is painting a "Kum ba ya" picture. Sadly, It won't end the retaliation will be swift. This is a vicious cycle....

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
And to stop that we must believes in cults infiltrating the government and burn any bridges with them? We live in a coalition country. Those within the coalition make the measures. If you don't tell your voters its a dangerous cult you might have an easy time getting your voters to accept your entrance in a coalition and to convince you're fellow coalition partners you're no untrustworthy fool.
No, you bring in cults. The problem (one of the many) is that in decision making circles there seems to be a total disconnect with large parts of the citizens.
The way we work with a coalition contract (which almost literally is one) is one of the most visible examples. As a party you sign your soul (the people you are supposed to represent) away for 4 years. Since all the giving and taking is being done outside of parliament, nobody understands it when they sign their supposed crown jewels away.
That's true on pretty much every subject ranging from climate denials and ''drammers'', people being unwilling to so much glance at any study that say vaccines don't cause autism, pro or anti EU or whatever. You're right, its in every aspect of human life. You can take it into account but if almost every scientist in the world say one thing and a bunch of self interested companies and then a bunch of rabble rousers say one thing then I'd say the scientist are teensy bit more trustworthy.
On almost any scientific subject (that is, one that is not "entirely" proven) there are renegades. The problem with the climate is that it is taken over by policy makers and politicians.\
Yes, yes we all know the requirements for being in the EU, even those that still think its secretly a dictatorship. But the EU didn't put a knife on poor Erdogan's throat, it didn't force the turks to be conned and it didn't brainwash Erdogan into being a dictator. The blame still lies with Turkey and I have the strong suspicion that the EU opponents would also blame the EU if they didn't require their members to be a democracy. It should also be noted Erdogan wasn't also quite as open with his bad intentions in those days.
No of course it is their own problem, but it is quite telling that no one paused to think that that may be a consequence.
Well if you think you can't be a populist without being a Nazi that's your opinion. Does make me wonder why you support them then. They can't be both not be Nazi's while at the same time ''automatically'' being Nazi's for being populists.
I don't support him. I think he is too soft on immigration, islam and EU.
But if you check the newspapers and media they all start their "analysis" with populism this and that, to end up with just stopping short of comparing him to Goebbels/Himmler.
I think Baudet really would love those referendums. His own base being super motivated and pretty much no one else caring. He's a fan of referendum because currently he has instances were he can easily abuse it.
If that is how you view referendums, then I cant see why you would support voting at all.
We have had referendums on the EU, Ukraine and IT surveillance. The last one had a turnout of 51%. Hardly a result that illustrates your point. For comparison the 2016 US presidential elections had 55% and our last EU election got a whopping 37%.

Oct 2010
DC
And not to forget, like in any religion there are fanatics and psychopaths, there are sincerely believing, honest people, and any religion teaches charity, too. Charity to everyone, regardless of religious affiliation. I think there are words for it in all big three, and the idea is specifically to do help to whoever asks you.

And some immigrants perhaps perceive it in their own way, and spread farther. ... I remembered another Salman, "Sal" Khan, the founder of Khan Academy. He is a Muslim, he is married to a Muslim, he is an immigrant to the US, and his idea is that education should be free and accessible. Who does not know Khan Academy?

I mean, we can not expect anything from people just because they have this or that religious affiliation, or none at all. It is impossible to live with paranoia and suspect everyone of murderous plans just because they pray or look differently.
What do you think I see in the mirror when I look? A muslim, a human, a father, a what?

Now may I ask since I genuinely do not know? Is Mr. Khan an Ismaili by any chance?

May I ask another one?
The muslim immigrants in the west, what do they think of the minorities in their home countries?
Let me ask further what do Iraqi Arab refugees think of Kurds?

May I ask, what do Trukish citizens of the EU think of the Kurds?

Furthermore what do Kurds in those countries think of those people?

How many of their communities are physically hostile to the others?

How many street and neighborhood fights in otherwise peaceful EU cities has happened between these VICTIMS of westerners (think Malmo) and please reply failure of integration on the part of the host.

I have not even touched the sunni shia part.

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle
If Islam is not a religion then perhaps we should break the news to them especially since they function under religion. As to whether or not they are peaceful I believe for the most part they are peaceful unless you prevent them from having their way. Not all muslims are terriorists on the other hand all terriorists are muslims. We can not overlook this correlation it ties into how a moderate Muslim is easily influenced to become an extremist. There is a difference in what we see and what they are taught.
We are simply living in the time period when most terrorists are muslims. But historically, any group could use terror as means of making a statement and spread certain political agendas. Ask victims of Baader-Meinhof group or the Red Brigades in Italy. It seems that historians are linking terrorism with the French Revolution, but to me personally the first real anarchist was Mikhail Bakunin.

Twenty years from now, a totally different group might be accused of terrorism.

And Brandon Tarrant, of course, was a terrorist by this definition as terrorism is about lawlessness. He felt himself being above law, above morals, above human compassion, surely. So, a terrorist.

Brandon Tarrant is that he was both Islamophobic and ethno-nationalistic. A person who is so much preoccupied with decreasing birth fertility of whites sounds very obvious to me. I think his manifesto is more pro-white than anti-Islamic, but his actions are more anti-Islamic. But trust me, a guy like this would not ask a person of a different ethnicity about his/her religion when he is prepared to shoot; nor would he ask a Caucasian in a mosque if he was Islamic, or not. He'd simply kill both. We all, humans, are targets of such a person. He could shoot for merely dissenting opinions. And his manifesto was very explicit about killing children because they'd grow into adults.

Are there people who do not like Muslims living in their countries? For sure. Heck, I know Christians who don't like Hindus living in their countries, to say nothing about Muslims. And as I have already mentioned, they, too, have the right to express their opinion, as long as it is done by legal matters. They can vote, they can support their alt-right representatives, use whatever legal ways exist. Because democracy. But kidnapping, murdering, threatening, beating up, inciting wrath and hatred, all what is illegal and unfair should be viewed as such.

Similar History Discussions