Christchurch mosque terror attack.

Aug 2012
Washington State, USA.
Do you think Academics and Scholars are afforded the time and opportunity to study such individuals and movements freely nowadays?
Plenty of honest people are looking into this, but they could be drowned out by individuals who have a larger platform. People need to have the ability to look into the truth of things themselves. Also, anyone who puts in enough work on a subject can be a Scholar in my view. The entire Media was announcing that this maniac was a right-wing fanatic, but I'm not 100% on board with that. He hated Capitalism; Imperialism, and said the nation that best reflected his values was The People's Republic of China. He was right-wing in part I suppose, but not entirely by a damn sight.

Here in America, the worst hate crime ever carried out against Muslims was called a Parking Dispute by the Media, while the worst hate crime against Christians was labeled a Domestic Dispute. Here, it is wise to have an extreme amount of distrust of the Media, and even many so-called Academics.

May 2015
Wellington, New Zealand
There seem to be quite obvious links with overseas far right movements. The Australian offender in the Christchurch massacre has made large donations towards 'Identarian' groups in France, Austria and Australia.

The accused shooter has also been reported as being a supporter of Australia's far right United Patriot Front (UPF). That group's leader Blair Cottrell has confirmed receiving a donation.
On Thursday, ABC reported an online exchange between the alleged shooter and an Australian man about the UPF. The pair clashed after the man criticised the group ahead of a 2016 anti-refugee rally in Melbourne.
"When you speak against the UPF you speak against my right to a home for my people and my culture," the alleged shooter said in his message.
He warned the Melbourne man to "choose your words carefully" and "think of who you insult".
Source link

Our PM is now attracting death threats from as far away as Northern Ireland - A spokesperson from the Prime Minister's office said there was no comment on the case, as it was a matter for the courts in Northern Ireland.
Source link

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Plenty of honest people are looking into this, but they could be drowned out by individuals who have a larger platform. People need to have the ability to look into the truth of things themselves. Also, anyone who puts in enough work on a subject can be a Scholar in my view.
I don't really understand what you meant by this highlighted quote...It seems like one of the most ridiculous arguments I've read around here in a long time, but I want you to elaborate further on that.

The entire Media was announcing that this maniac was a right-wing fanatic, but I'm not 100% on board with that. He hated Capitalism; Imperialism, and said the nation that best reflected his values was The People's Republic of China. He was right-wing in part I suppose, but not entirely by a damn sight.
Being an extreme-right wing doesn't mean that you are pro-Capitalist, generally the most extreme right-wing ideals are staunchly anti-capitalist as well. Besides, him saying that his views reflected the values of the People's Republic of China might be simple trolling. He only mentions China once, just like he mentions Pewdiepie...

There was a lot of sh*tposting in his manifesto, he was a provocateur. His mentioning of Candace Owens has his biggest influence was clearly a false and stupid statement, he wanted to play with the media and cause more controversy over his murdering rampage.
We can determine for sure that he was a white nationalist and he viewed non-white Muslim immigration has the biggest existential threat to, what he views, as "white nations". That's it. Everything else he claims to defend must be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Here in America, the worst hate crime ever carried out against Muslims was called a Parking Dispute by the Media, while the worst hate crime against Christians was labeled a Domestic Dispute. Here, it is wise to have an extreme amount of distrust of the Media, and even many so-called Academics.
I'm not familiar with any of the events you described.

Sep 2015
England
I don't really understand what you meant by this highlighted quote...It seems like one of the most ridiculous arguments I've read around here in a long time, but I want you to elaborate further on that.

Being an extreme-right wing doesn't mean that you are pro-Capitalist, generally the most extreme right-wing ideals are staunchly anti-capitalist as well. Besides, him saying that his views reflected the values of the People's Republic of China might be simple trolling. He only mentions China once, just like he mentions Pewdiepie...

There was a lot of sh*tposting in his manifesto, he was a provocateur. His mentioning of Candace Owens has his biggest influence was clearly a false and stupid statement, he wanted to play with the media and cause more controversy over his murdering rampage.
We can determine for sure that he was a white nationalist and he viewed non-white Muslim immigration has the biggest existential threat to, what he views, as "white nations". That's it. Everything else he claims to defend must be taken with a huge grain of salt.

I'm not familiar with any of the events you described.
So in the first paragraph you say you are not particularly intelligent, what might not be such an easy or straightforward admission to put in writing; but then proceed, in the very same sentence to inform the guy that his argument - 1) there may be lots of people with a different opinion, 2) you need some ability, and 3) if you study enough anyone can be a scholar - is, an argument that is, and i quote, "ridiculous".

Perhaps you need to have a lye down, meditate a while, take another pill. You appear to be rather discombobulated from the website which you inhabit. This a sad state of affairs, and one which cannot continue!

Similar History Discussions