Christianity in current China

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Florania
That attitude smells of certain flavours of evangelicals. Why would ex believers be insulted, and why is that relevant? --

Every person has 100% right to be offended. What they do not have is the right not to be offended. If we are not free to give offence, then we are being censored There is a distinct difference between freedom and licence; freedom/the right to offend does not extend to inciting violence or other criminal acts, such as yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded theatre..

Here in Australis, we no longer have the right to offend. We have anti-hate laws . It is an offence for example, to hurl racist or religious insults at others. I think the last time a hurled that type of offence(against protestant children) I was about 7 years old. So ,it's no biggie for me to obey that law. However,I do not support that law because of its repressive nature..
Ex-believers usually consider themselves out of the trap of lies and deceptions, and they are often much more resistant to proselytizing.

Ficino said:
For Christianity apostasy is worse than simple unbelief. From the Epistle to the Hebrews, 6:

1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do if God permits. 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. 7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.
Such threats are mostly hollow for many Ex-Christians; they no longer believe such things.
Don't even mention "the devil" either; Ex-Christians often don't believe in this.

Now, go back to Christianity in China.
Heylouis mentioned that Christianity is only thriving in rural China; many webnovel writers are not that friendly towards Christianity, either.
In the Mythic Three Kingdoms (神话版三国), the Romans defeat other belief systems by summoning their "gods" and beat them.
Your quote demonstrates Christianity does not even embrace freedom of conscience.

Jul 2014
world
A million inflammatory believers?

I asked for credible sources. I'm afraid the information you've provided is hearsay.

As far as I can tell the PRC remains as politically repressive as ever. Tolerating no dissent, real or imagined. The claims made about the reeducation camps seem a tad fanciful, very much party line.

EG ThePRC government still controls history and of course the internet, although with phones they may well lose the battle.

There is no "One million" believers in the camp. There is absolutely no way that 10 percent of the Uighur population is in camps.

The security procedures in Xinjiang is almost as same as Tibet. Yes there are more security checks and prisons but nothing like what is said in western media.
Please read my previous posts and you will see that. I am not an apologist for communist party. But Communist party is not some demon reincarnate as some would make us believe.

There is genuine security problems. Fanatics provoke common people into violent acts. what do you want the government to do?

Uighurs are radicalised in Pakistan and Turkey and Saudi Arabia. They are radicalized by provocative and outright lies in social media. They have illegal financial system outside of banks.

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
"Ex-believers usually consider themselves out of the trap of lies and deceptions, and they are often much more resistant to proselytizing."

Yeah, I think that's pretty accurate. I'm going by my own attitude and that of other ex believers I've run across.

I think such an attitude can be a trap; it can make one every bit as bigoted as the most dogmatic believer, and I think there can be a chance of falling prey to some outrageous sect.

I describe myself asa skeptic, which means I question, most especially my strongest beliefs. That is easier said than done. I've noticed that I have been a bit dogmatic in some posts I've made on this forum. I regret that. My agenda here is mainly to learn, not to be a know all , annoying people.