chritianity in amereca

Isoroku295

Ad Honorem
Jan 2009
In the Past
lol, well then, meet Jeremy (My pastor). I can ensure you that he isn't a hypocrite christian. lol :D

Isoroku295

Ad Honorem
Jan 2009
In the Past
Well, if your church charge an income tax of 10% ... Be sure I won't even try.
10%? thats entirely optional >.>
It's really just a base. Ultimately the meaning is to not only sacrifice (core concept in real Christianity), but also to remember that what you have really belongs to god ^.^

crossroadclarence

Ad Honorem
Oct 2007
Borneo~ that big Island in S.E. ASIA
Isoroku: My main concerns about calling America a "Christian nation" center around the fact that secular people cannot be included, non-Christians are left out in the cold, and the vast variety of types of Christendom makes defining "Christian" very hard.

Plus the clear (at least to me) basis of separation of church and state is run over by such a declaration.

Is the President head of any "Christian State"? Is one of his titles "Defender of the Church" as the Queen of England is? No.

See what I mean?

Church attendance and membership does not make one a "Christian" anymore than
being in my garage make me a car.

Isoroku295

Ad Honorem
Jan 2009
In the Past
Isoroku: My main concerns about calling America a "Christian nation" center around the fact that secular people cannot be included, non-Christians are left out in the cold, and the vast variety of types of Christendom makes defining "Christian" very hard.

Plus the clear (at least to me) basis of separation of church and state is run over by such a declaration.

Is the President head of any "Christian State"? Is one of his titles "Defender of the Church" as the Queen of England is? No.

See what I mean?

Church attendance and membership does not make one a "Christian" anymore than
being in my garage make me a car.
People base their Ideas on religion by the people they see in it, weither these people are truly in the religion or not (the hypocrites). So why is a nation any different