Civil War Reenactors

Jun 2006
Kentucky
wow that is so cool. Can ylu guys share a little more information about what you do as a reinactor? Like when you get shot do you just lay on the battlefield? Like how detailed does it get?

Jun 2006
North Carolina
Great, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I am in the 21st North Carolina. Yea, pretty much when you take a hit, get shot, you just lay there untill the battle is over. You can always pretend it is a nonfatal wound and just lay there and twirk and moan a little. How detailed does it get? If your talking about the uniforms and equipment, extremely. Every little thing is studied and tried to make authentic right down to your buttons. Some reenactors, the hardcore ones, will get to where they are wearing and carrying the exact same things the men back in the 1860's were wearing and carrying.

Lord_Cronus

Historum Emeritas
Jun 2006
Georgia
Co. I 6th NC here. Officers are usually elected by their units. I like to consider myself "harcore light", I try to be as authentic as I can. Anyone going to Manassas?

Jun 2006
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Lord_Cronus said:
Co. I 6th NC here. Officers are usually elected by their units. I like to consider myself "harcore light", I try to be as authentic as I can. Anyone going to Manassas?
Me no, but my unit will be there (Co I, 2nd Connecticut Heavy Artillery)

Jun 2006
Ridgefield, Connecticut
10thNJelykm2CT said:
Lord_Cronus said:
Me no, but my unit will be there (Co I, 2nd Connecticut Heavy Artillery)
I'll sure will be at Cedar Creek this October!

Similar History Discussions