Climate Change and Air Pollution in Mongolia

Feb 2016
ROK

The pastures don't have enough grass. Many Mongolians left the countryside and moved into the city. They burn coal, which is affordable for them.

Jul 2016
Dengie Peninsula
And here we are, giving aid to dictatorial countries, whose leaders immediately stick it in Swiss bank accounts. Makes you wonder!

fascinating

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
And here we are, giving aid to dictatorial countries, whose leaders immediately stick it in Swiss bank accounts. Makes you wonder!
I don't get the relevance, to climate change and pollution in Mongolia, of your remark.

fascinating

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Well in Britain we didn't do anything about air pollution from coal burning for hundreds of years, until the 1950s, basically because we just needed to use that fuel. Probably the Mongolians are in the same situation, and deserve our sympathy.

How much aid do we give to Mongolia? What evidence do you have that they put the money in Swiss bank accounts?

Jul 2016
Dengie Peninsula
I was there , in Britain in the 1950's (1952 as i recall). My mother would not let me out of the house. If you wandered out, you could not see your feet! Seeing distance was about 2 ft. If you opened the front door, the Smog rolled in. The Clean air act put a stop to it, but God knows how many people with breathing problems died!
ps. They all stuff it in Swiss bank accounts, otherwise Ulan Bator would not have this problem!

Linschoten

Ad Honoris
Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
I can remember seeing pea-soup fog in London as a child, one could hardly see across the street, it was amazing, though very infrequent by then, I don't remember the London air in general as being noticeably unpleasant; and in other places the acrid smell in the air from the fumes from innumerable coal-fires.

fascinating

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
I was there , in Britain in the 1950's (1952 as i recall). My mother would not let me out of the house. If you wandered out, you could not see your feet! Seeing distance was about 2 ft. If you opened the front door, the Smog rolled in. The Clean air act put a stop to it, but God knows how many people with breathing problems died!
ps. They all stuff it in Swiss bank accounts, otherwise Ulan Bator would not have this problem!
At least 4000 people died as a result of the great smog in 1952.

You have no evidence of any aid to Mongolia being misdirected to Swiss bank accounts, so it's absurd to suggest it could solve the pollution problem there