Climate change, doomsday and the ‘inevitable’ extinction of humankind

Mar 2010
OZ
Climate doomsday? :lol::lol: Nah

If you are talking Atomic doomsday, may be.... but climate??? :lol::lol:

you made my day, thank you!

Feb 2008
trapped inside a hominid skull
Obviously it would be absurd to think that humanity has not contributed to global climate change. The only way to make such a claim is too say that EVERY scientific organization in the world is part of a conspiracy ( they all agree that humans have significantly altered the climate and caused its warming.) I find conspiracy theories silly. Bigfoot anyone?
------------
Climate Fraud, the Illuminati Agenda and the "Club of Rome" : Secret Societies
:lol:

Last edited:
Feb 2008
trapped inside a hominid skull
"but the sheer human arrogance that assumes it must be something we did that caused it. "
bolero982
So therefore, humans have never made a significant impact on the environment? Pollution, no problem...volcanoes pollute also! Who are we to compare ourselves with mighty volcanoes? Perhaps, all environmental rules should be suspended? I am just showing the absurd conclusions ( that you yourself would disagree with) that you must draw if you are consistent.

Last edited:

davu

Ad Honorem
Jun 2010
Retired - This Mountain isn't on a Map
i attached this link -- its pretty extensinve but it is our gov' money at work (this is a good thing here - very informative and interesting)

it leads to a new area of study regarding human intervention and the enviroment -- what got me started was "history" of course but it was the "cedar forests" of the middle east that started it all -- yes, humans really do change the enviroment, weather patterns, etc, etc.. -- alll we have to do is look at the "dust bowl" -- where would we be if we didn't fix that -- would the central USA look like the "sahara" -- i think it would have --

The USGS Land Cover Institute (LCI)

this web site takes some time to go through -- i love it -- :cool::cool:

botully

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
Amelia, Virginia, USA
i attached this link -- its pretty extensinve but it is our gov' money at work (this is a good thing here - very informative and interesting)

it leads to a new area of study regarding human intervention and the enviroment -- what got me started was "history" of course but it was the "cedar forests" of the middle east that started it all -- yes, humans really do change the enviroment, weather patterns, etc, etc.. -- alll we have to do is look at the "dust bowl" -- where would we be if we didn't fix that -- would the central USA look like the "sahara" -- i think it would have --

The USGS Land Cover Institute (LCI)

this web site takes some time to go through -- i love it -- :cool::cool:
Of course humans can change the environment. What I find strange is that this latest trend is not explained with reference to the last 2 million years, as if climate fluctuations somehow ended 100 years ago leaving human activity as the only possible explanation. Whatever is happening now needs to be connected to the last several hundred thousand years, how can it not be a part of it?
What of the silly proposals to save ice caps and glaciers with reflectors and such? Some people seem to be completely unaware that the ice caps have sometimes disappeared entirely over this latest ice age, and in fact over the last 600 million years have rarely been present. Temperature and sea level are usually higher than what is current, over geologic time. It may well be that it is just time for the Earth to warm. Another 50,000 years may find 2 mile thick ice sheets covering New York and London, as whatever environmentalists exist then agonize over how to warm the Earth.

davu

Ad Honorem
Jun 2010
Originally Posted by botully
What of the silly proposals to save ice caps and glaciers with reflectors and such

i,m cheap -- i can stand outside my door with a mirror for a couple of hours a day --- :lol::lol:

in the big picture, you are entirely correct with no conflicting opinions -- but then if the ice returned to new york - you would be displacing about 40 percent of humans or more because the current breadbaskets would now be non-existant -- we could easily be down to less the 100 million people worldwide ????/ --- and the world would be a little more chilly ---

botully

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
Amelia, Virginia, USA
i,m cheap -- i can stand outside my door with a mirror for a couple of hours a day --- :lol::lol:

in the big picture, you are entirely correct with no conflicting opinions -- but then if the ice returned to new york - you would be displacing about 40 percent of humans or more because the current breadbaskets would now be non-existant -- we could easily be down to less the 100 million people worldwide ????/ --- and the world would be a little more chilly ---
Well, I think we can all agree that covering 50% of North America with a two mile thick ice sheet would be a tad inconvenient.

bunyip

Ad Honorem
Sep 2010
What I find astonishing about this "climate change" business is not that it's happening (I'd be more surprised if it didn't), but the sheer human arrogance that assumes it must be something we did that caused it.
Drawing a conclusion supported by evidence is not arrogance,merely science.

You seem to be arguing from personal incredulity. Do you happen to have the scientific background which enables you to make an informed assessment? If so I'd be thrilled with a few specifics.

Thought for the day
That which can be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence (Christopher Hitchens)

davu

Ad Honorem
Jun 2010
Originally Posted by bolero982
I somehow feel that environmentalists have missed the bigger picture,
there is plenty of room to pass blame around -- me -- i will listen to the person screaming "fire" if i smell smoke -- on the other hand, the opposite force pushed back with force in spite of all the science that says -- "something is happening to fast here" -- i still think the co2 is a reall hazard but the real threat is going to be the methane that is frozen in the north (russia, canada) and the frozen clumps in the ocean -- this isn't over yet --

my real concern here is the growth of food and the availablity of clean water -- no body is really talking about "bottled water" -- 20 years ago this would have been the laughing stock of the country now its accepted as necessary -- this tells me the water supplies are polluted -- also, the grain and corn we have -- they need a defined growth period -- very shortly here they won't be getting it -- look at texas and the dry year -- what 80% of the crop is wiped out and there will be no winter crop -- ????? opps -- and we have made no preparations for the deficit except to raise prices ---- that is not a solution

Sharks and love

Ad Honorem
Jul 2008
Sharkland
What I find astonishing about this "climate change" business is not that it's happening (I'd be more surprised if it didn't), but the sheer human arrogance that assumes it must be something we did that caused it.
So are you saying that the 97% of climatologists who think man is causing global warming have just made that assumption based on arrogance, rather than basing that position on evidence?