Cruelest SS

Sep 2018
Salonica
What do you think was the crulest SS.I m asking about SS who were renowned of the way they were killing people and the torture and rapes that their units commited guys like Dirlewanger

Nemowork

Ad Honorem
Jan 2011
South of the barcodes
Mengele obviously

Dirlewanger has already been mentioned

Amon Goeth

You usually need to look at the KZ system for low IQ mediocrities suddenly being given life and death power and it going to their heads. Panzer Meyer could be a murderous pyromaniac but it was usually for a reason, then you get people like Goth, Gustav Frenzel and Billy Althof who just killed because it was wednesday and they were bored or for profit.

Sep 2018
Salonica
Mengele obviously

Dirlewanger has already been mentioned

Amon Goeth

You usually need to look at the KZ system for low IQ mediocrities suddenly being given life and death power and it going to their heads. Panzer Meyer could be a murderous pyromaniac but it was usually for a reason, then you get people like Goth, Gustav Frenzel and Billy Althof who just killed because it was wednesday and they were bored or for profit.
Thanks for your answer.Also can you give me some details about billy althof beacause i had trouble finding more about him

Nemowork

Ad Honorem
Jan 2011
South of the barcodes
that should have been Karl Frenzel, for some reason i got him and Gustav Wagner combined.

I'm not sure on how you spell Billy Althof, hes one of the camp guards/supervisers at Strachowitze labour camp near Wierznik in Poland, hes the guy that decided instead of letting prisoners recover in the camp hospital he was going to execute them so he didnt have to pay the SS rental for non-working manpower.
God knows why, it wasnt instructions from the camps factory owners he shot so many prisoners they had to remove him because he was lowering productivity.
He's mentioned in Christopher Brownings book and lecture

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
What do you think was the crulest SS.I m asking about SS who were renowned of the way they were killing people and the torture and rapes that their units commited guys like Dirlewanger
As a group, the Eisentzgruppen. This was a special unit of SS who followed the Werhmacht in Eastern Europe and murdered the Jews, Gypsies, Communists and anyone who looked at them sideways.

Einsatzgruppen - Wikipedia

They killed in excess of 2 MILLION people , before gas chambers were used in the camps. Shooting was too inefficient, and and it left all those inconvenient bodies. Besides, it upset the men who had to do the shooting. Pure evil is hard to find. In her book Eichmann in Jerusalem" Hannah Arendt coined the term 'the banality of evil" meaning that some of the worst monsters, staring with Hitler, were boringly bourgeois in their personal lives.

Individual evil? Perhaps Irma Grese, camp guard in Ravensbruck and Auschwitz. She was the youngest person hanged by Britain in over a century. She was 22 when hanged. She and a lot more were hanged by Britain's top hangman, Albert Pierrepoint.,

Irma was a sexual sadist who tortured and murdered inmates for her pleasure, as well as casually and frequently shooting prisoners. I think she's up there with Mengele, although not as educated (left school at 15) and very ordinary intellectually. she also lacked the level of power enjoyed by Mengele.

Irma Grese - Wikipedia

Sep 2018
Salonica
As a group, the Eisentzgruppen. This was a special unit of SS who followed the Werhmacht in Eastern Europe and murdered the Jews, Gypsies, Communists and anyone who looked at them sideways.

Einsatzgruppen - Wikipedia

They killed in excess of 2 MILLION people , before gas chambers were used in the camps. Shooting was too inefficient, and and it left all those inconvenient bodies. Besides, it upset the men who had to do the shooting. Pure evil is hard to find. In her book Eichmann in Jerusalem" Hannah Arendt coined the term 'the banality of evil" meaning that some of the worst monsters, staring with Hitler, were boringly bourgeois in their personal lives.

Individual evil? Perhaps Irma Grese, camp guard in Ravensbruck and Auschwitz. She was the youngest person hanged by Britain in over a century. She was 22 when hanged. She and a lot more were hanged by Britain's top hangman, Albert Pierrepoint.,

Irma was a sexual sadist who tortured and murdered inmates for her pleasure, as well as casually and frequently shooting prisoners. I think she's up there with Mengele, although not as educated (left school at 15) and very ordinary intellectually. she also lacked the level of power enjoyed by Mengele.

Irma Grese - Wikipedia
Thanks for the answer

Similiar History Discussions History Forum Date
Asian History
General History

Similar History Discussions