Cuban government today?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Hi temet nosce, welcome to Historum,

How did you get your Ad Honorem title? Posting a link to Wikipedia on every thread? I posted this for members of Historum that are knowledgable on Cuban history, not to be referred to Wikipedia. But thanks anyway.
Not to me... but... the first titles depend on the number of posts. After a certain quantity (5000?) the user can edit the title.

Well, for one, Wikipedia is peer-edited and not by qualified researchers. Anyone can write something on there. I'm pretty sure it's know in scholarly circles world-wide that Wikipedia is not credible and for good reason. With a country as complex and cut-off from the rest of the world in terms of the government as Cuba, a reliable source means everything.
I assume that what you are saying about Wikipedia is common knowledge. Wikipedia, as an online encyclopaedia is a useful tool for an initiation in many theme, or refreshing some basic information, we spoke several times here about that theme. Fortunately or unfortunately, today encyclopaedias lost their previous academic value but they gained in their quick actualization. Anyway I don’t know if the other users that answered to you understood that you wanted an academic research about Cuba. That wasn’t explicit in the OP.

Anyway my question to redskevin was made because he implied that the Wikipedia entry had errors. If so, I would like to know where they are.

Dec 2019
California
Hi temet nosce, welcome to Historum,

Not to me... but... the first titles depend on the number of posts. After a certain quantity (5000?) the user can edit the title.

I assume that what you are saying about Wikipedia is common knowledge. Wikipedia, as an online encyclopaedia is a useful tool for an initiation in many theme, or refreshing some basic information, we spoke several times here about that theme. Fortunately or unfortunately, today encyclopaedias lost their previous academic value but they gained in their quick actualization. Anyway I don’t know if the other users that answered to you understood that you wanted an academic research about Cuba. That wasn’t explicit in the OP.

Anyway my question to redskevin was made because he implied that the Wikipedia entry had errors. If so, I would like to know where they are.
Thank you for your reply, Tulius.

I didn't realise that those titles came simply with the number of posts... guess I was expecting more of a meritocracy on this site.

As for Wikipedia, I completely agree that the information on there is good for someone who is interested in initiating their research process. However, I am looking for information that is a little more focused on the things I highlighted in my OP and a little less on general statistics and broad interpretations. I'm not looking for academic research per se but certainly a source that I can check for credibility. That's something I can't really do with Wikipedia.

MG1962a

Ad Honorem
Mar 2019
Kansas
Well, for one, Wikipedia is peer-edited and not by qualified researchers. Anyone can write something on there. I'm pretty sure it's know in scholarly circles world-wide that Wikipedia is not credible and for good reason. With a country as complex and cut-off from the rest of the world in terms of the government as Cuba, a reliable source means everything.
So you come to a random history forum to get answers from anonymous members

Dec 2019
California
So you come to a random history forum to get answers from anonymous members
Yes because knowledgeable people here can lead me to the reliable sources they have used in their own research. Those anonymous members you are referring to get their info from certain places as well...