Czech LTP export tank in Peruvian service 1941

Oct 2015
scotland
Hi,I just finished reading a early holiday season present"Maranon-Zuramilla:The Peru-Ecuador war of 1941"by A.English published by the military publisher Partizan press. This is really the only modern English account of this war and its fascinating. Tank attacks,mechanised column's and even paratroopers.
One thing that interested me was Peruvian Division de Ejercito's use of a few dozen Czech export LTP tanks. This tank has a similar chassis as that of the panzer 38/Hetzer spg used by Nazi Germany after the occupation of Czech lands.
The pics in the book are not good and I was hoping someone might have better ones,hopefully modern pics of a surviving Peruvian example,that would be great.
This is just idle interest,though I may build a 1/35 scale kit. I would be grate full if anyone can help.

PS to anyone reading this who helped on the 19th century Korean cannon query, thanks,the Ordnance society is going to put out my short article early next year.

Bish

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
That does bear a striking resemblance to the 38(t). Are you planning on doing a conversion as I have not seen a kit of this tank.

Nov 2015
Ayton
People don't realise that the Czechs were excellent engineers. Forget about the post war Skodas and look at what they built pre-war. Paris show winning car bodies. Limousines for the very rich. I've not even scraped the surface of their abilities. My Dad had a Skoda Octavia 1200 in 1964. THe salesman said that the cars were built 'tight' and we wouldn't really appreciate the car until it got to 30,000 miles. Well, it got to 12,000 with the necessary services but only just got to 20,000 before it died a smoky death. Just like Zeta tractors, the politicians took over managing the engineering with ridiculous quotas.
Zeta was great because everything that went wrong was user error. (THis was the 60s and 70s)
Left to their own devices, THe Czechs were every bit as good at engineering as the Germans.

Nemowork

Ad Honorem
Jan 2011
South of the barcodes
That does bear a striking resemblance to the 38(t). Are you planning on doing a conversion as I have not seen a kit of this tank.
Dragon did a very nice version in 1:35 but it was limited release for 2012 and not released since.

Revel does a 35(t) which isnt a lot of help and Tamiya do a 1:35 kit of the Marder 2, so you get the lower hull and front plates to the top of the drivers glacis but you would have to build the whole turret yourself.

Bish

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Dragon did a very nice version in 1:35 but it was limited release for 2012 and not released since.

Revel does a 35(t) which isnt a lot of help and Tamiya do a 1:35 kit of the Marder 2, so you get the lower hull and front plates to the top of the drivers glacis but you would have to build the whole turret yourself.
I think you mean the Marder III, the II was based on the Pz II chassis. I have built the Tamiya III and it is nice, but as you say would need a lot of work. There are several 38(t) that could be used, including Tristar and dragon. I recon they would be the best option.

Nemowork

Ad Honorem
Jan 2011
South of the barcodes
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dammit

Your right, the Marder 3H has the original drivers glacis plate. I actually built the Tamiya Marder 2 and i think it was Italieri Marder 3 way back in past history.

These days i'm mostly hitting Dragon, Zvezda, masterbox and AFV club, i've never tried tristar

Bish

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dammit

Your right, the Marder 3H has the original drivers glacis plate. I actually built the Tamiya Marder 2 and i think it was Italieri Marder 3 way back in past history.

These days i'm mostly hitting Dragon, Zvezda, masterbox and AFV club, i've never tried tristar
A lot of mine are Dragon, but I still get some Tamiya kits. They have certainly come along since that Marder II kit. I have a few tristar but not built any yet, but they are supposed to be nice kits. In a few cases I have gone for them over the Dragon option. I rather like the AFV kits as well, especially there 251's.

Nice to see more model builders on the site as well.