Dare we speak about "Brexit?"

Status
Closed

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
I come from the moderates [Berlusconi ...], but now i sustain M5S and so the present Government [but I wasn't candidate this turn].
Thanks for the info! Personally I was involved in a small right-oriented party (now it's already a long time since it disappeared), it never gained any seats, whatever the elections.

Jun 2016
England, 200 yards from Wales
"The papers that don't like the referendum decision are those that were always more positive about Europe (Guardian, Independent)." Goodness me, can that really be true?
Obviously it is, please note I was replying to a post which suggested that the 'press' that had been 'dumping on' the EU now 'bemoans Bexit'. Just pointing out that there has not been such a change, it is two different segments of the press.

Linschoten

Ad Honoris
Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, that was meant humorously rather than sarcastically.

Jun 2016
England, 200 yards from Wales
Uhh, mishearing Linschoten's tone might have been pardonable coming from myself, but from You, John ?!?
I have to get out of this one!
I reckon "Goodness me, can that really be true? " could be humorous or sarcastic, in speech the tone of voice would tell you, but written?

Sep 2015
England
I have to get out of this one!
I reckon "Goodness me, can that really be true? " could be humorous or sarcastic, in speech the tone of voice would tell you, but written?
Spend time consuming less, while devoting more time to music and community!

Vaeltaja

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Something that may be worth reading: Washington Post: This is why the EU is being so tough about Brexit.

I personally would expect to belong to the either to the 'somewhat hard line' but more likely to the 'middle position' with regards to to the question as to how the EU should approach the Brexit negotiations. For one i don't support at any level punishing the UK because of Brexit. But neither do i think the EU should give up its principles (or alter its rules) to placate the UK either. The Brexit issues with the UK should be dealt fairly and according to the rules - not punishing but neither pandering the UK.

Reactions: johnminnitt
Status
Closed