dating of Indian texts

Apr 2019
India
Don't wait. Check Indo-
European Migrations in Wikipedia and the related links.

View attachment 22056
A map showing the approximate present-day distribution of the Indo-European branches within their homelands of Europe and Asia. The following legend is given in the chronological order of the earliest surviving written attestations of each branch:
Hellenic (Greek) Indo-Iranian Italic (Romance) Celtic Germanic Armenian Baltic Slavic Albanian
We will know soon. Indian Army has killed seven members of their Border Action Team (Surgical strike unit). We have additional troops in Kashmir. Tourists and pilgrims have been asked to leave. 15 August will see Indian flag in all Panchayats of Kashmir. Both, the BJP and the Congress have asked their Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha members to be compulsorily present from tomorrow up to August 7. So, whatever is in the mill, it should come out soon.
This is not archeological proof of 'Aryan' migration in India HANUMAN !
Facepalm...o_O
Glorious curtain of fine hair is still hanging over my shoulders...

Whatever change is going to take place I pray it happens peacefully without any loss of lives. :fold:
I suspect with most nefarious form of terrorism at it's doorsteps and international unwillingness of countering it(as long it's not killing their people they won't mind using it) may left no choice for India in future except going on full war against it on it's own.

Aatreya

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
USA
:clap::clap:! The great Indian mythical, linguistic and cultural tsunami, going as far as Ireland and Iceland. o_O:rolleyes::lol::zany:
You should instead clap for the conjecture that the language and culture arose in a land where there is no trace of any continuing tradition. Its funny how how you think B->A is possible but not A->B. Hmm, your fantasies would come to an end, no?

Apr 2019
India
No need to wonder. I do not think that was done in Vedic period, but in Mahabharata times, it was permissible.
Dasas and dasyus were never friends with Aryans.
How could the epics get validation of Vedas? Epics were written much later. And the Gods and Goddesses of epics were not the Vedic deities, they were indigenous. Though assimilation had brought mixing. By the time of writing Srimad Bhagawat Purana, there was complete assimilation (sometime around late first millennium). Vishnu had become the Supreme God for a section of people.
Kuru had history of adopting kids. King Bharata had many sons but he did not find them worthy of ruling his kingdom so he adopted a boy. There were so many adoptions in epics. That's why I wonder about the practice of Niyoga. But even in epic Vyasa did not agree with Satyavati's dictum untill her melodramatic performance.
Sometimes Dasa were also friends of Vedics.
All of Gods in Mahabharata are Vedic ! There are few insertions here and there related to 'newer' Gods but they are recent interpolations and are very easy to spot.
Epics are trying to get validation from Vedas by praying to their deities, by following Vedic rituals and embracing Vedic ideals but meantime also degrading their Gods(see the war of Krishna&Indra, In Bhagwatam Krishna stopping Indra worship, jealous Indra, lustful Indra, raping Surya etc) and introducing new concepts.

Mar 2013
Breakdancing on the Moon.
1500-1200 BC, more towards the latter than the former date. This comes from comparisons with developments with other IE languages and internal chronology. The latter comes from examining long term changes that occur from OIA to NIA and seeing what clusters where. These changes are both phonological/morphological (e.g the resolution of r/l, the development of a proper infinitive) and lexical.

Not at all difficult.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
King Bharata belongs to the puranic period and not to the Vedic period. I do not think Bharata is mentioned in RigVeda as a person, but sure Bharatas are mentioned as an Aryan tribe. None of the puranic Gods are mentioned in RigVeda other than three who were accepted by the indigenous - Vishnu, Rudra and Saraswati (Surya was worshiped even by the indigenous, so nobody had any problem about that). Other Aryan Gods got just the lip service.

Apr 2019
India
King Bharata belongs to the puranic period and not to the Vedic period. I do not think Bharata is mentioned in RigVeda as a person, but sure Bharatas are mentioned as an Aryan tribe. None of the puranic Gods are mentioned in RigVeda other than three who were accepted by the indigenous - Vishnu, Rudra and Saraswati (Surya was worshiped even by the indigenous, so nobody had any problem about that). Other Aryan Gods got just the lip service.
You are again Hanumaning.
Kuru hijacked Bharata's lineage by claiming to be decendents of a Bharata king. While in real it was king Sudasa of Bharata's lineage who had united Indians against hostile warloards.

Congratulations you can finally legally live in your ancestral home. No more Sharia. Seems like Modi still loves his country and Trump is a balatant liar.:)

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Sure, I claim a lineage from Sage Upamanyu, the Kamboja, of Uttarapatha. Sudasa is a name, he is Su (good) dasa, like Ramadasa (Athawale). He belonged to the Aryan tribe Tritsus.
Yeah, Modi/Shah/Rawat/Doval ended the Kashmir problem. It is a great day for all Indians and specially for Kashmiris. Congress, Trinamool, DNK, SP, RJD, CPI, NC, PDP oppose it.
The elephant goes its way and is not bothered by the barking.

Similar History Discussions