Development of the so-called Jewish elite in the USA? Yes or No or Mixed?

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland
Some people like to cite the presence of American Jews in areas of influence, such as mass media, education, technological developments, science, academics and education, politics, and more.
Many would cite the disproportional percentage of American Jews in these areas.
I would like to ask if this is true or not or something mixed.

Jan 2009
In the Past
I don't quite think it is. The idea of all powerful Jewish domination in the shadows have long been the call of anti-semites the world over.

Until I see proof that they have unfounded power, I consider it pure conspiracy theory.

Jan 2014
Santiago de Chile
Is there a percentage wise disproportion? In some senses yes. Now why, it's basically down to the simple fact that the Jewish faith (like other faiths and ethnicities, see also Asian Americans) stresses within their own community the importance of education early on. There is no conspiracy or anything, its just good old fashion hard work and a reliance on the importance of education (this isn't my supposition, it was the key part of a dissertation that I attended several years ago by an investigator of the Hebrew studies department of a Chilean university who wanted to explain this very issue). And to counter the conspiracy theorists out there, I would like to point to the fact that socially speaking several other groups like the W.A.S.P. (White Anglo Saxon Protestant) establishment has long held a disproportionate amount of power themselves over the years, partly to due with past institutionalized racism but also to do with the heavy importance given on education by this group (again along with other groups).

Jul 2016
Europe
Jews are richer than the ordinary WASPs. This is due to their culture and history. In the middle ages the Christians were not allowed to become bankers due to their religion baning it, so Court Jews were hired to do it. They easily sized the banking system and helped their own to get richer. They deserved it considering what Jews have been through. The Koch brothers and others are product of hundred of years of elite Jews owning seizable parts of the economy. Thinking that they use their power to abuse the other groups is kinda like a conspiracy. They have bias just like any other group, they favor more their own just like any other group and yes they resent others(especially Whites) just like any other group. Every ethnicity, nation, race, religion etc has had problems in the past. The weak-minded individuals still make this kind of stuff an issue today, most don't.

Also note than Jews and East Asians push their kids hard towards college, education then helps them get richer, being a Jew didn't help Einstein towards international fame, his brain did.

Jan 2009
In the Past
Jews are richer than the ordinary WASPs. This is due to their culture and history. In the middle ages the Christians were not allowed to become bankers due to their religion baning it, so Court Jews were hired to do it. They easily sized the banking system and helped their own to get richer. They deserved it considering what Jews have been through. The Koch brothers and others are product of hundred of years of elite Jews owning seizable parts of the economy. Thinking that they use their power to abuse the other groups is kinda like a conspiracy. They have bias just like any other group, they favor more their own just like any other group and yes they resent others(especially Whites) just like any other group. Every ethnicity, nation, race, religion etc has had problems in the past. The weak-minded individuals still make this kind of stuff an issue today, most don't.

Also note than Jews and East Asians push their kids hard towards college, education then helps them get richer, being a Jew didn't help Einstein towards international fame, his brain did.
Very true. The Jews were forced into one of societies lowest Job stratas. Banking. It is purely cosmic irony that centuries of economic developement turned banking into the heart of economy. And now people have the audacity to attack the Jews for it?

Von Ranke

Ad Honorem
Nov 2011
Thistleland
Some people like to cite the presence of American Jews in areas of influence, such as mass media, education, technological developments, science, academics and education, politics, and more.
Well presumably before you brought this up for discussion you must have thought about it. What do you think, is the Jewish influence on American politics, finance and culture an unfair reflection of the power they wield in the Middle East and Europe, or have the Saudi Arabian unelected regime, while being less vocal, been the winners in shaping American foreign policy? I would argue that, despite a strong Jewish lobby in the Senate and Congress, American self interest has meant that while paying lip service to Israel they have backed the Wahabbis to their own detriment. Israel is by no means the finest example of democracy, but Arabic dictatorship, underpinned by the Madrassas, is a cause for the very existential well being of the West which America can no longer ignore.

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland
Well presumably before you brought this up for discussion you must have thought about it. What do you think, is the Jewish influence on American politics, finance and culture an unfair reflection of the power they wield in the Middle East and Europe, or have the Saudi Arabian unelected regime, while being less vocal, been the winners in shaping American foreign policy? I would argue that, despite a strong Jewish lobby in the Senate and Congress, American self interest has meant that while paying lip service to Israel they have backed the Wahabbis to their own detriment. Israel is by no means the finest example of democracy, but Arabic dictatorship, underpinned by the Madrassas, is a cause for the very existential well being of the West which America can no longer ignore.
It sounds to me, in spite of considerable Jewish lobby, the Americans still pay more interests to the Saudi Arabian absolutist and "medieval" regime due to interests in the Middle East?
According to most opinions, the very existence of Israel is still quite dependent on American support.
The major contrast between Chinese and Jewish communities is the involvement in public offices.

Sep 2014
Texas
The Jewish elite and here I am referring to a hard core antiIsrael group is on the rise. It's the reason Israel has turned to Christians for support. I do not think the average Jewish person is antiIsrael.

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
Italian Americans represent a well more powerful "community" in the United States, but no one seems to note this. It's simply due to the fact that the Jewish community can be a useful target for who makes political propaganda.

Why are US running wars against Arabs [in Arab lands, but for propaganda that "against" works better]? Because of the American Jewish lobby who wants US to defend Israel ...

It would be more difficult to connect American military activities in Arab lands to the American Italian community lobbying activity [usually Italian Americans "pop up" in conspiracy theories involving Cosa Nostra and Mafia in general].

All this of course [on both the sides] avoids to give the right importance to the geopolitical reasons behind those military activities [and not only American ...].

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland
Italian Americans represent a well more powerful "community" in the United States, but no one seems to note this. It's simply due to the fact that the Jewish community can be a useful target for who makes political propaganda.

Why are US running wars against Arabs [in Arab lands, but for propaganda that "against" works better]? Because of the American Jewish lobby who wants US to defend Israel ...

It would be more difficult to connect American military activities in Arab lands to the American Italian community lobbying activity [usually Italian Americans "pop up" in conspiracy theories involving Cosa Nostra and Mafia in general].

All this of course [on both the sides] avoids to give the right importance to the geopolitical reasons behind those military activities [and not only American ...].
May you cite any examples of the powerful Italian community in the US?