Development of the so-called Jewish elite in the USA? Yes or No or Mixed?

Status
Closed

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
" I could ask more touchy questions about the Jews in revolution or NKVD, but I probably know the answers, too. "

I probably know the answers , too ..as can anyone else who care to look

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
What I see is a lot of mixed marriages, between Jews and Asians, for example (I recently found a word "Chew",'Chinese Jew, in press, and the way it was used, it was not a derogatory word). On top of it, our society is getting more secular. This makes me wonder Jews of younger generation view themselves as "Jews" as much as the older ones. It would seem to me that strict national/racial subdivision slowly becomes obsolete, and "Jewish elite" is, in fact, not only mixed but views itself as such. For some reason, Zuckerberger and Priscilla Chan come to mind.
Yeah, our Jewish elite is gradually becoming a Jewasian elite. :)

Reactions: arkteia

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
Considering the deep and long Chinese love affair with pork dishes , there might be a bit of a kosher problem

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Florania
Jews were simply part of Western civilization. They lived in Europe, they spoke adapted German (Yiddish), anyone who read memories of Gluckel von Hameln (especially what she wrote about god) and then listened to modern Protestants can see striking similarities. Many Jews converted, and I am positive that were it not for the Pale, even more would have done it.

Armenians lived under the Ottoman Empire for too long and it must have limited their contributions into other areas.

You should mention the contribution of Jewish astrologers and Kabbalists looking for "the philosopher's stone" into the development of chemistry.
The fact is that since the tenth century CE, Europe already had a lead in technological innovations and "the machine".
Nitpicking the few philosophers, artists, scientists is so biased.

Considering the deep and long Chinese love affair with pork dishes , there might be a bit of a kosher problem
This is why it is highly unlikely that Islam will flourish in China, especially for the mainstream Han population.
Then, the Han population is known to absorb any physically similar people into its population.

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle
Yeah, our Jewish elite is gradually becoming a Jewasian elite. :)
You know, Futurist, since I posted this, I traveled to Asia, twice, to several different places. Came back with the conclusion that our mentality is so hopelessly outdated.

Everywhere, people mix. And in Asia, with its high population density and mobility, it is especially noticeable. People look beautiful, people develop interesting concepts. I wish we could view the world for what it is, the place where new races and ethnicities were, and are, constantly forming.

P.S. I now think this whole thread is outdated, too.

Reactions: Futurist

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Italian Americans represent a well more powerful "community" in the United States, but no one seems to note this. It's simply due to the fact that the Jewish community can be a useful target for who makes political propaganda.

Why are US running wars against Arabs [in Arab lands, but for propaganda that "against" works better]? Because of the American Jewish lobby who wants US to defend Israel ...

It would be more difficult to connect American military activities in Arab lands to the American Italian community lobbying activity [usually Italian Americans "pop up" in conspiracy theories involving Cosa Nostra and Mafia in general].

All this of course [on both the sides] avoids to give the right importance to the geopolitical reasons behind those military activities [and not only American ...].
I Have the impression that many, if not most American Jews, generally vote Democratic. This, in spite of the “fact” that Trump and Netanyahu seem to be a love match though not one made in heaven. Jews that I know personally came to the US generally as impoverished immigrants in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Most (but not all) Jews entered through New York and spread out gradually from there. Not all Jews in the US are wealthy - far from it - but many did extremely well even while they were denied access to certain professions, clubs and institutions which I take as evidence of a powerful drive to succeed against difficult odds. Emphasis on the supreme importance of education within the community has paid huge dividends and provided a solid basis for current and future success.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Some people like to cite the presence of American Jews in areas of influence, such as mass media, education, technological developments, science, academics and education, politics, and more.
Many would cite the disproportional percentage of American Jews in these areas.
I would like to ask if this is true or not or something mixed.
Jews are certainly overrepresented among US Nobel Prize winners as well as US mathematicians. This might very well be due to them having a roughly 10 point advantage in their average IQ in comparison to US Gentile Whites:

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I Have the impression that many, if not most American Jews, generally vote Democratic. This, in spite of the “fact” that Trump and Netanyahu seem to be a love match though not one made in heaven. Jews that I know personally came to the US generally as impoverished immigrants in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Most (but not all) Jews entered through New York and spread out gradually from there. Not all Jews in the US are wealthy - far from it - but many did extremely well even while they were denied access to certain professions, clubs and institutions which I take as evidence of a powerful drive to succeed against difficult odds. Emphasis on the supreme importance of education within the community has paid huge dividends and provided a solid basis for current and future success.
AFAIK, many--if not most--US Jews actually dislike Netanyahu and think that he is harming Israel with his policies.

You know, Futurist, since I posted this, I traveled to Asia, twice, to several different places. Came back with the conclusion that our mentality is so hopelessly outdated.

Everywhere, people mix. And in Asia, with its high population density and mobility, it is especially noticeable. People look beautiful, people develop interesting concepts. I wish we could view the world for what it is, the place where new races and ethnicities were, and are, constantly forming.

P.S. I now think this whole thread is outdated, too.
If you want a famous example of race mixing, you can look at Jeb Bush's children. Jeb's wife is Mexican.

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Florania
Successology is certainly attractive, and this is why there is a heightened interests about
American Jews in China.
Many of these books portray a distorted picture.
Yuval Noah Harare is one famous Israeli Jew; he considered the Jewish achievements relatively
modest.

Status
Closed