Did climate change only really start in the early 90s

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
You seems to somewhat revert to the "consensus"
I'm saying that modern society is directly related to energy use
if you use fossil energy stored for millions of years in a few decades , some warming will occur ,
the , by far , most grievous consequence will not be a rise from 288 degree Kelvin to 290 degree Kelvin
it will be our devouring of every square inch of ground to feed and amuse ourselves , destroying every living system larger than a rat and a blade of grass

the lesson of Chernobyl is that once humans are removed , life thrive

Dec 2018
North Dublin
You seems to somewhat revert to the "consensus"
I'm saying that modern society is directly related to energy use
if you use fossil energy stored for millions of years in a few decades , some warming will occur ,
the , by far , most grievous consequence will not be a rise from 288 degree Kelvin to 290 degree Kelvin
it will be our devouring of every square inch of ground to feed and amuse ourselves , destroying every living system larger than a rat and a blade of grass

the lesson of Chernobyl is that once humans are removed , life thrive
That was a nuclear blast, not heating by the emission of gasses or what have you. I just require proof that it is even dangerous.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
It was a core meltdown caused by a very stupid test ,
the point I was making is that all the nuclear meltdown in the world are less grievous that a bunch of farmers desertifying their land with a mega-city sucking up the resources

if you think burning 100 millions barrel of crude A DAY doesn't count but that the CO2 produced is the real culprit , then you are buying into global warming as diversion from our own greed

Dec 2018
North Dublin
It was a core meltdown caused by a very stupid test ,
the point I was making is that all the nuclear meltdown in the world are less grievous that a bunch of farmers desertifying their land with a mega-city sucking up the resources

if you think burning 100 millions barrel of crude A DAY doesn't count but that the CO2 produced is the real culprit , then you are buying into global warming as diversion from our own greed
So you don't really believe in climate change or what?

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
I believe in human caused global warming , human caused desertification , human caused ocean acidification , human caused extermination of earth
the warming bit being probably not that much of a problem compared to the rest of the sorry story
we have 7.7 billions mouths to feed which are eating everything

Dec 2018
North Dublin
I believe in human caused global warming , human caused desertification , human caused ocean acidification , human caused extermination of earth
the warming bit being probably not that much of a problem compared to the rest of the sorry story
we have 7.7 billions mouths to feed which are eating everything
Proof that our resources will run out?

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
We were promised rising sea levels. What is the latest evidence for this?
Is sea level rising?

"Global sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has increased in recent decades."

This is compounded by increased storm severity which causes higher tidal surges

Direct result: around 7,000 UK homes and businesses worth over £1 billion will be lost in the next two decades.
Almost 7,000 UK properties to be sacrificed to rising seas

Ask the people on the Norfolk coast whether sea levels are rising.
What happened after the storm surge?

These events will occur more and more often. Once they happen so regularly that you can't recover between events, the land becomes unviable.

Last edited: