Did Grendel live on the island of Møn - some of the mystery in Beowulf solved?

Aug 2011
Sweden
The second visit at Grönehög in northern Bohuslän, close to the Norwegian border (former Ranrike). The mound is very large and surrounded by smaller ones, showing that this area called Vette härad probably was a small kingdom during Beowulf times.

Attachments

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
A bit out of topic, but I have saw recently the movie Beowulf (2007) and somehow that raised some interest from me, I begun to take a look to the poem (still reading it – I had read some prose about it ages ago) and reached this thread. Some interesting things here. I am just a curious, and didn’t read all the posts, so I don’t have really an opinion about the isle of Mon and its relation with the myth. Anyway, probably just bumping this.

Aug 2011
Sweden
A bit out of topic, but I have saw recently the movie Beowulf (2007) and somehow that raised some interest from me, I begun to take a look to the poem (still reading it – I had read some prose about it ages ago) and reached this thread. Some interesting things here. I am just a curious, and didn’t read all the posts, so I don’t have really an opinion about the isle of Mon and its relation with the myth. Anyway, probably just bumping this.
If there ever was a real Grendel, he probably was the character Grøn from Møn. The outlaw haunting the moors at night.