Did India's leadership hope after partition that Pakistan will eventually rejoin India?

Status
Closed

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Though I do not have an origin in Pakistani part of undivided India, but things change, change is the only constant. We have problems with Pakistani army and its terror machine, but we can't wish away Islam and Muslims.True, manufactured by dynastic opposition (now Mayavati too has joined the ranks with the annoinment of her brother and nephew - in addition to Gandhis, Mulayams, Laloos, Chautalas, Ajit Singhs, Abdullahs, Muftis, Chandrababus, KCRs, Gehlots and Pilots, Scindias, Kamalnaths, Jakhars, Karunanidhis. Mamta too has her nephew in the ring. It seems only the kin of politicians are supposed to join politics and hold offices in India).That Vice President was a Congress stooge.
I am not wishing away Muslims, they have been staying here in India for several centuries. And they had belonged to Hinduism till converted forcibly or with some lucrative offers. I have no quarrels with Muslims as such except with the traitors among them. And against those who do not control their families. But I hate Pakistan.

Reactions: Futurist

M.S. Islam

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Dhaka
@M.S. Islam, I understand that you have enough understanding of the current socio political scenario to understand that persuecution of Hindus in Bangladesh is a politically motivated phenomenon which, common people like you and me have nothing to do with. Neither does this reflect anywhere in the larger social life. I have met people from Bangladesh who said - "Okhane thaka jay na" (Tr - you can't live there), I have also met people who are doing fine in Bangladesh. Similarly attacks on Muslims have happened in India in the name cow vigilantism etc, but no way does this mean Muslims as a whole are persecuted in India in any way. No Indian has ever had to leave the country for religious persecution. Even if these things happen, there are enough Indians always present to take care of the victims. And I have no intention whatsoever to make this point an issue against Bangladesh, as IMHO, Ansarullah or Jamaat or corrupt Awami League opportunists do not reflect the mindset of the larger population.

There are muslim dominated pockets in India where incidents of persecution of Hindus also happen. But that doesn't necessarily mean all Muslims in India are viewed as enemies of the majority, not by BJP, not by anyone.

The issue of chanting Jai Shree Ram at the face of Assaduddin Oawisi may come as a shock to you but then take into account what kind of elements run his party, especially his own brother Akbaruddin whose obnoxious hate speeches in public can be easily perceived as calls for religious war, quite similar to the tone of his predecessor from long past, Qasim Razvi. Assad may appear as a smart, sophisticated politician but the kind of people he keeps in his thrall is bound to invoke such passion among BJP MLAs. Also in the past BJP politicians have also made numerous hate speeches, such as Varun Gandhi. Some have been prosecuted for that, some have ongoing cases against them. But none of these incidents mean anything to the larger social life in India, apart from a few sporadic violences which is nothing unique for any country in this region. Hindus and Muslims also live in perfect harmony in this country. There are elements on either side who wish to destabilize the situation for political gain but they succeed rarely. Issues of religious conservatism did not help BJP in Kerala in an otherwise overwhelming victory. Neither did SP's minority appeasing tactics ensured votes for them in UP. Do note that this political entity did nothing for the betterment of Muslims in UP. At least Modi Government is in favour of banning triple talaq which is not accepted even in Muslim countries.

You have a right to criticize based on your views, but I hope you understand this point.
I understand that.

What I actually wanted to point out was that mobs are taking cue from BJP leadership (chanting jai Shri Ram), and taking it a step further by forcing Muslims to chant it and subsequent lynching of those who denied.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Not really, MS. The top BJP leadership and Modi will not approve any such thing (it is politically foolish when BJP is looking for Muslim votes in future elections). It happens at a lower level and the top leaders need to make sure that it does not keep on happening. Modi government has started many schemes to benefit Muslims. The promulgation of common civil code with the abolition of Triple Talaq, Halala, Polygamy, rules about maintainance, custody of children, etc., is going to find some favor among some sections of Muslims (particularly the women :)).

Last edited:

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Florania
And what limits war to just the conventional weapons? There are mini-nuclear bombs. And what makes you sure that the other countries won't intervene? A war is highly unpredictable. It could turn any way. Let us not talk about war. Let it be a compulsion rather than a choice.
Do you mean nuclear artillery? How is the relationship between Pakistan and India these days?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
We are not on speaking terms. Pakistan says 'talk'. India says 'stop border skirmishes and sending in terrorists before we talk'. Apart from that things are OK. We are killing the terrorists by the day (Pakistani, Pakistan trained or locals), around 120 this year. Let us see who blinks first. :)

Apr 2019
India
I understand that.

What I actually wanted to point out was that mobs are taking cue from BJP leadership (chanting jai Shri Ram), and taking it a step further by forcing Muslims to chant it and subsequent lynching of those who denied.
Actually at lower level mob justice has always been problem in India but I've not seen concrete efforts from the government for police reforms and reinforcing sluggish judiciary.
But I've a different perspective on current incidents. I'll totally appalled by handpicking of 'muslim-only' incidents by the national and international media to build a narrative against current government and Hindus in general. I'm not a politically inclined person neither I'm Modi fan like many people here. But I care for the country I live in. I'm also appalled by the fake 'Jai Shree Ram' incidents.
(One more such case busted in which there was no communal angle because police got the CCTV footage:
कानपुर: ओवरटेक का था विवाद, मुस्लिम युवक ने 'जय श्रीराम' बोलने का लगाया झूठा इल्जाम, जांच में खुलासा)

It's just like how media creates 'caste-violence' angles which in reality turns out to be not related to any caste issue at all or even can be between two 'lower caste' groups themselves.
I even remember an incident where a tribal group was making strong anti-Brahmin narrative with the aid of media but in reality their issues were with another tribal group totally unrelated to any Brahmin, that too due to the Christian missionary angle.
Why do we only get filtered information on the news outlets ?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Yeah, the Families (not just the Gandhis but others as well) and the left are promoting that. However, Indian populace is solidly behind Modi. These attempts are bound to fail.

Apr 2019
India
Yeah, the Families (not just the Gandhis but others as well) and the left are promoting that. However, Indian populace is solidly behind Modi. These attempts are bound to fail.
I'll only give acknowledgement to Modi after he'll fulfill atleast 50% of his promises although I'll commend current government for nabbing many wannabee terrorists and thwarting many attacks.
But Kashmir continues to be problem. Looks like Kashmir has become even more disturbed these days though my acquaintances keep visiting Srinagar from time to time.

Status
Closed