Did India's leadership hope after partition that Pakistan will eventually rejoin India?

Status
Closed

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
No. I have relatives in Kashmir and they say it is completely peaceful except when a terrorist action takes place, which is against security forces. Lacs of Indian tourists visit Kashmir in all seasons. Amarnath yatra is on (today is the first darshan), and again lacs of pilgrims will undertake that difficult trek, there has been snow recently (from two routes, Sonamarg and Pahalgam. ). Lac - a hundred thousand for those who do not know Indian counting (100,000). :)

Reactions: Futurist
Apr 2019
India
No. I have relatives in Kashmir and they say it is completely peaceful except when a terrorist action takes place, which is against security forces. Lacs of Indian tourists visit Kashmir in all seasons. Amarnath yatra is on (today is the first darshan), and again lacs of pilgrims will undertake that difficult trek, there has been snow recently (from two routes, Sonamarg and Pahalgam. ). Lac - a hundred thousand for those who do not know Indian counting (100,000). :)
Actually last year one of my classmate(who was in army) was killed by terrorists since then everyone in our town/family is apperhensive about visiting Kashmir. But one of our family member is getting married to a Kashmiri(who insists on getting married in the home-town) so the visit is inevitable. Mysteriously half of my relatives(mostly males) have disappeared from the guest list.

Apr 2018
India
Actually last year one of my classmate(who was in army) was killed by terrorists since then everyone in our town/family is apperhensive about visiting Kashmir. But one of our family member is getting married to a Kashmiri(who insists on getting married in the home-town) so the visit is inevitable. Mysteriously half of my relatives(mostly males) have disappeared from the guest list.
The marriage was in Kashmir?

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
This thread is becoming a sad excuse for anti-Muslim rhetoric. Historum will NOT become that kind of website, and if I see anyone with that kind of agenda in future, there will be serious sanctions.

THREAD CLOSED.

Status
Closed