Did Islam Condone Pedophilia?

While reading this thread I noticed this sentence of yours, and I found it quite odd and disturbing and in some way a picture of the instant history net experts that today we have not only in this forum but in a wide view in the internet.

The thing is that seeing “some videos” is among the worst sources of knowledge. Mostly because, usually, this means seeing on “Youtube” or similar sites, that are full of garbage made by people that rarely or never saw a source in their life and much less a primary source. And even when they saw a source they didn’t analyse it under the scrutiny of the historical method. So unless you saw an academic video or a video made by some person that really knew about the theme (and there aren’t that many out there) I really think (and now this is my personal opinion) that you should abstain to mention a “video that I saw” as a source of knowledge. I have 12 years old students publishing “history” (in comas) videos on Youtube, because they want to be Youtubers.
on history i dont even trust academia, it is subjected to bias, if you need to counter my arguments please do so with the content, why are you trying to bash my comments when i have already stated my partial ignorance on the subject, im not really into middle eastern history so youtube is an instant dose of quick facts on the matter, im very much open to criticism.

regards

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
on history i dont even trust academia, it is subjected to bias, if you need to counter my arguments please do so with the content, why are you trying to bash my comments when i have already stated my partial ignorance on the subject, im not really into middle eastern history so youtube is an instant dose of quick facts on the matter, im very much open to criticism.

regards
It is not the Academia that is subject to bias, it is the human being that is subject to bias. All that we do as humans, including videos, is subject to bias. That doesn’t impede that there exists good history works on one side and bad attempts of history on the other. Furthermore I was not trying to bash your comment, I was simply trying to underle a current trend in our days to what we, as people that like history, should be aware.

Aug 2014
pakistan
OK.

Also, do gay Muslim men get the choice of having 72 male virgins in Heaven instead? What about Muslim men who are into hermaphrodites? Do they get the choice of having 72 hermaphrodite virgins in Heaven?
And your third question would have been "What about Muslim men who are into animals"

Men in heaven will be free from sins, deficiencies and abnormalities, and homosexuality is a psychological abnormality and a perversion (there is no such thing as gay gene) . A man who develops a perversion of humping cars in this world, is not going to hump cars in heaven or hell. He will not be the same human as he was on this earth.

Jul 2014
world
And your third question would have been "What about Muslim men who are into animals"

Men in heaven will be free from sins, deficiencies and abnormalities, and homosexuality is a psychological abnormality and a perversion (there is no such thing as gay gene) . A man who develops a perversion of humping cars in this world, is not going to hump cars in heaven or hell. He will not be the same human as he was on this earth.
How is Homosexuality a perversion ? Maybe it is not normal but how can it be an perversion?

Sex with children is perversion... sex with animal is perversion. Homosexuality is not a perversion.

Aug 2014
pakistan
How is Homosexuality a perversion ? Maybe it is not normal but how can it be an perversion?

Sex with children is perversion... sex with animal is perversion. Homosexuality is not a perversion.
You yourself are admitting that "it is not normal". Any thing abnormal in sexual behavior is perversion.

Jul 2014
world
You yourself are admitting that "it is not normal". Any thing abnormal in sexual behavior is perversion.
I come from a reasonably conservative background same as you so I can understand your feelings. I held similar view to yours just a few years back.

But than I broadened my horizon. I met homosexuals and they were normal people. They were not paedophiles as I used to think of them.
Come visit Chengdu .. you will meet many normal homosexuals that will change your mind.

As for normal :
It was not normal for women to vote 100 years back. It was not normal for Kids not to work 100 years back. It was normal to look down upon Black and brown people 100 years back. Not it is abnormal to hold the same view as that of 100 years back.

Aug 2014
pakistan
They were not paedophiles as I used to think of them.
Pedophiles are condemned and despised because they are sexually fixated on kids (and it might lead to harm or abuse of children if they act on their urges) but they are actually not different from other kinds of perverts. A pedophile might be as nice person and normal in non-sexual behavior as one who is sexually fixated on same gender or animals or dead bodies.

And i am not approaching the matter from religious point of view. A person with normal sexual behavior can be a vile human being , and a person with homosexuality perversion can be a good human being, and vice versa. Some one humping a car, is not harming any one and he might be a very good soul but one has to acknowledge that what he is doing, is abnormal.

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Pedophiles are condemned and despised because they are sexually fixated on kids (and it might lead to harm or abuse of children if they act on their urges) but they are actually not different from other kinds of perverts. A pedophile might be as nice person and normal in non-sexual behavior as one who is sexually fixated on same gender or animals or dead bodies.

And i am not approaching the matter from religious point of view. A person with normal sexual behavior can be a vile human being , and a person with homosexuality perversion can be a good human being, and vice versa. Some one humping a car, is not harming any one and he might be a very good soul but one has to acknowledge that what he is doing, is abnormal.
There is a difference with pedophilia because such activity - homosexual or heterosexual - has a victim, often causing lasting damage; but while homosexual sexual activity is certainly not normal, I don't think it's right to to compare it to child or animal abuse or necrophilia by describing it as a perversion, a term that implies that is viciously abnormal. Homosexuals can have loving relationships just like heterosexuals, and fall into vice or perversion just like heterosexuals, it just so happens that they feel no sexual desire for the opposite sex.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
There is a difference with pedophilia because such activity - homosexual or heterosexual - has a victim, often causing lasting damage; but while homosexual sexual activity is certainly not normal, I don't think it's right to to compare it to child or animal abuse or necrophilia by describing it as a perversion, a term that implies that is viciously abnormal. Homosexuals can have loving relationships just like heterosexuals, and fall into vice or perversion just like heterosexuals, it just so happens that they feel no sexual desire for the opposite sex.
That I agree with--though, personally, I don't have any problem with necrophilia as long as it is completely consensual (as in, the now-dead person gave consent to this to a certain person before he or she died).