Did Islam Condone Pedophilia?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
And your third question would have been "What about Muslim men who are into animals"

Men in heaven will be free from sins, deficiencies and abnormalities, and homosexuality is a psychological abnormality and a perversion (there is no such thing as gay gene) . A man who develops a perversion of humping cars in this world, is not going to hump cars in heaven or hell. He will not be the same human as he was on this earth.
That's certainly an interesting way to look at it. I suppose that cross-dressers are likewise going to be "cured" in Heaven, correct?

Aug 2014
pakistan
There is a difference with pedophilia because such activity - homosexual or heterosexual - has a victim, often causing lasting damage; but while homosexual sexual activity is certainly not normal, I don't think it's right to to compare it to child or animal abuse or necrophilia by describing it as a perversion, a term that implies that is viciously abnormal. Homosexuals can have loving relationships just like heterosexuals, and fall into vice or perversion just like heterosexuals, it just so happens that they feel no sexual desire for the opposite sex.
Some perversions have victims , some dont. Dead body in Necrophilia is not victim and no one gets hurt scientifically speaking. A Car is not a victim in car-fetish.

But a form of Homosexuality can also have victims , when they develop urges for male children.

Linschoten

Ad Honoris
Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Some perversions have victims , some dont. Dead body in Necrophilia is not victim and no one gets hurt scientifically speaking. A Car is not a victim in car-fetish.

But a form of Homosexuality can also have victims , when they develop urges for male children.
I agree, a perversion is not distinguished by whether or not it has a victim, some perversions do and some don't; biut I wouldn't regard all homosexual activity as being perverse in the way that, say, necrophilia is, it can be an expression of love as as with heterosexuals. That is all I was saying. Perverse and imoral behavoiur can be found just as much among heterosexuals as among homosexuals.

Linschoten

Ad Honoris
Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
That I agree with--though, personally, I don't have any problem with necrophilia as long as it is completely consensual (as in, the now-dead person gave consent to this to a certain person before he or she died).
I suppose that suggestion is discussed with the appropriate degree of seriousness here:

Similar History Discussions