Did King Faysal ibn Husayn, of syria, agree to the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine?

Jun 2019
California
I was doing some research and I'm unsure if King Faysal ibn Husayn, then of Syria, agreed to the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine. Is this true or is this false? because I cannot imagine a Syrian king agreeing to the creation of a Jewish state.

Reactions: Futurist

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
I was doing some research and I'm unsure if King Faysal ibn Husayn, then of Syria, agreed to the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine. Is this true or is this false? because I cannot imagine a Syrian king agreeing to the creation of a Jewish state.
Well for starters he wa not a Syrian King at the time but a rather minor Arab chieftain looking to exploit his wartime alliance.

He never explicitly accepted the creation of Independent Jewish state. The Machon correspondence is about accepting a version of Lebanon for my intrepretation.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
There was a historical document about this: the Faysal - Weizmann agreement. Faisal–Weizmann Agreement - Wikipedia

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Well for starters he wa not a Syrian King at the time but a rather minor Arab chieftain looking to exploit his wartime alliance.

He never explicitly accepted the creation of Independent Jewish state. The Machon correspondence is about accepting a version of Lebanon for my intrepretation.
What do you mean by "a version of Lebanon"?