Did the Soviet Union benefit from the Great Depression?

Mar 2017
Poland
According to “Stalin: Paradoxes of Power” since the demand for capital goods dropped several times and the demand for food remained unchanged, the USSR should be able to buy Western investment products cheaply and industrialize quickly. However, other sources claim, that the terms of trade turned unfavorably for the Soviet Union. Yet another view is that in 1929-1933 the Soviet Union had favorable (to various grade) trade balances with France, Italy, the United Kingdom, and the smaller European countries, while trade with the United States before and during the Great Depression, and since 1930 with Germany, remained unfavorable. (http://www.ebha.org/ebha2011/files/Papers/shpotovebha2011.pdf).

I have read an article in New York Times which stated that the American capitalists were selling to the Soviets for below the average U.S. prices, preferring to avoid a complete loss. I also know the USSR was short selling grain on American markets knowing that the prices will continue to fall(what wasn’t obvious at that time) possibly due to an Marxist analysis of the capitalist cycle. “Stalin: Paradoxes of Power” claims that the Soviets were buying technology for single factories but copying it for other factories. The Western capitalists realized that but had to keep selling due to the Great Depression. Finally the Western states (United States, United Kingdom and other) devalued their currency to limit imports and increase exports therefore changing the balance of trade.

Example calculations: The terms of trade with UK may have dropped by 30% between 1929 and 1932. England devalued its currency by 28%. That changed the terms of trade to 35% for the Soviet Union, compared with 1929.
In the US the wheat price dropped by half, while the price of industrial goods decreased by one third. Assuming the Soviets were able to short sell enough grain to make up for the losses their profit would be equal to 33%

I ask for a complete calculation of all methods the USSR was dealing with the West to finally determine who benefited. My guess is the Soviets did . The same goes for the valuation of their output. If you value it in rubles it seems low but when you value it in dollars it’s high.