Did the 'Uzbegs', 'Timurids' and 'Mongol Khanate of Moghulistan' had a common ancestor i.e. Chengiz Khan?

Jan 2020
IN
So, I was studying about the political formations in Central Asia in 16th century BC. I was reading about the tripartite conflict between Uzbegs, Persians(Safavi Dynasty) and Timurids. There was also a mongol khanate of Tashkand and Moghulistan(ruled by Yunus Khan and his sons Mahmud and Ahmad Khan) fighting timurids at this time. This is when Shaibani(Uzbeg) rose to power and conquered whole of Transoxiana. I researched a little about all these and found that all these were descendants of Chengiz Khan some way or the other. I am confused that aren't all these Mongols? Why did they fight among themselves?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Mar 2012
Magdeburg
Claiming the ancenstry from Borjigin (Chengiz's house) has been a global nobility prestige after especially 12th century, similar to claiming ancestry from Roman empire and/or prophet Mohammad.
Therefore ruling families often traced their ancestry back to Borjigin in an attempt to push their "sacred" claim to rule.
You should keep in mind that Mongols who stood outside Mongolia and northern-China have all been Turkified (Except a couple of groups) and therefore this prestige-bringing claim has spread to a wider world (including Ottomans who valued Crimean Tatars a lot due to their Borjigin ancestry).

Sep 2016
天下
Moghulistani rulers were descendants of Chaghatai, second son of Genghis.
Timurids were of Barlas tribe, supposedly having a common ancestor with Borjigins in Bodonchar Munkhag, the purported 9th(or 8th) generation ancestor of Genghis. They were also related to Borjigins by marriage.
Uzbeks rulers were descendants of Shiban, a son of Jochi, first (but adopted) son of Genghis.

And why they fought among themselves? Why wouldn't they? It wasn't uncommon for brothers to kill themselves over the right to rule. And the guys above weren't even really related.

Jan 2020
IN
Moghulistani rulers were descendants of Chaghatai, second son of Genghis.
Timurids were of Barlas tribe, supposedly having a common ancestor with Borjigins in Bodonchar Munkhag, the purported 9th(or 8th) generation ancestor of Genghis. They were also related to Borjigins by marriage.
Uzbeks rulers were descendants of Shiban, a son of Jochi, first (but adopted) son of Genghis.

And why they fought among themselves? Why wouldn't they? It wasn't uncommon for brothers to kill themselves over the right to rule. And the guys above weren't even really related.
So, did the Timurids/barlas tribe had a connection with Chaghatai as Babur(who later founded Mughal Empire in India) was related to both Chaghatai and Timurids?

Sep 2016
天下
So, did the Timurids/barlas tribe had a connection with Chaghatai as Babur(who later founded Mughal Empire in India) was related to both Chaghatai and Timurids?
Timur's supposed 5th generation ancestor Qarachar supposedly married Chaghatayid princess and Timur claimed to be descendant of Genghis through her, but that's unverifiable. Timur himself married Saray Mulk, a daughter of Chaghatayid Qazan Khan of Moghulistan, she didn't have children though. His descendants also intermarried with Borjigins of various lineages.

Babur's claim seems authentic as his mother Qutlugh Nigar Khanum was a daughter of Yunus Khan of Moghulistan.

Jan 2020
IN
Timur's supposed 5th generation ancestor Qarachar supposedly married Chaghatayid princess and Timur claimed to be descendant of Genghis through her, but that's unverifiable. Timur himself married Saray Mulk, a daughter of Chaghatayid Qazan Khan of Moghulistan, she didn't have children though. His descendants also intermarried with Borjigins of various lineages.

Babur's claim seems authentic as his mother Qutlugh Nigar Khanum was a daughter of Yunus Khan of Moghulistan.
Isn't Qarachar a decendant of Bodonchar? Bodonchar in turn is considered direct ancestor of Genghis Khan. So, even if Qarachar didn't married a Chaghatayid princess there is a direct connection between Genghis and Timur. Isn't it?

Sep 2016
天下
Isn't Qarachar a decendant of Bodonchar? Bodonchar in turn is considered direct ancestor of Genghis Khan. So, even if Qarachar didn't married a Chaghatayid princess there is a direct connection between Genghis and Timur. Isn't it?

The question is whether you want to belive the Timurid sources on this. Even in the Secret History there is like a dozen or so of tribes which stem from Bodonchar. To me the more likely explaination is that the links were added post-factum.