Did things not go smoothly?

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
nobody is fool to realize treaties are just papers to be ignored, that is a situation when someone found a large nation, claimed to be a respectful member of the society, quited dozens of organizations and treaties recent days.
if a bilateral compromise is not intended to be made, surly nothing could be achieved.

Jul 2016
USA
US additional unilateral sanctions have been ignored and still will be ignored.
Which is why the US forced the UN Security Council to do it and used political pressure to prevent any vetoes.

Remember when Xi went to Florida to meet with Trump? Everyne else should. Guess what he was signing up for? Not a new cell phone plan. A short time after visit and suddenly Xi is on board with sanctions and embargoes too, while some preexisting trade deals between US and China were renewed. How very coincidental!

Especially from someone whose election including points like how if we were going to have non-beneficial trade deals with China at least we could get something else for them. How very coincidental!

What a horrible statesman. He clearly has no idea what he's doing! :lol:

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
Which is why the US forced the UN Security Council to do it and used political pressure to prevent any vetoes.

Remember when Xi went to Florida to meet with Trump? Everyne else should. Guess what he was signing up for? Not a new cell phone plan. A short time after visit and suddenly Xi is on board with sanctions and embargoes too, while some preexisting trade deals between US and China were renewed. How very coincidental!

Especially from someone whose election including points like how if we were going to have non-beneficial trade deals with China at least we could get something else for them. How very coincidental!

What a horrible statesman. He clearly has no idea what he's doing! :lol:
You can make as much conspiracy theories as you like.

but it is interesting to watch voices from US on one hand claim China to damage the sanctions (well, if it is talking about US's own unilateral sanctions, perhaps China indeed damages it.), on the other hand, claim that China "listened" to US after some meeting.

very interesting.

it appears to be an unhealthy tendency when people talk, instead of arguing the true motivations that could make progress, but rather to guess something that makes one feel mighty.

in such a case, some may forget it is about a so called nuclear crisis by DPRK, and another way, it is about decades of blocking of a nation, filled with people in unsatisfactory developed nation, especially was claimed to be a place of all kinds of tragedies, if I am not wrong heard from US.

Jan 2019
USA
Why would we be upset the President walked away from a deal that he didn't find favorable for the US? I hope he continues to show his backbone, unlike some of our Presidents before him.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
There aren't too many details. Either North Korea concedes and good things happen or they don't concede and the sanctions and embargoes stay. Its that simple. Diplomatic subordinates can iron out details later, the big question was whether Kim would fold. This time, nope. Which is why Trump walked away, to show he held the power in the negotiations and would not surrender it just to appease people online.
I would say there are lots of details, specifically involving making sure that NK does what it says it's going to do, and not only gives up its weapons but doesn't reain the capability to simply restart the program. Access for weapons inspectors now and in future, oversight of any dismantling and disposal, all of that. And the Koreans are going to want specifics on trade too.

Heck, negotiations to buy companies take longer than two days. Negotiations on disarmament and opening up of an entirely closed economy will take longer.

At this point, I doubt anyone trusts the North Koreans enough to take their word on am om principle agreement.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Sanctions are there, and will maintain there, due to the collective wish of UN, not US.
This is the fundamental issue the whole world need to realize.

Any potential agreements or treaties between DPRK and US, should solve 1. security concern of DPRK 2. security concern of US

As a matter of fact, the US is not actually threated by DPRK, neither by its nuclear powers, nor by some "to be proven" murdering affairs.
While the DPRK is actually losing opportunities of development, though it cannot be worse for them as a nation.

It is understandable US plays DPRK as a card of game to manipulate eastern Asian environment. Indeed, the US does not need a treaty to be signed, nor it actually cares the people of DPRK.
I don't see Mr. Winnie the Pooh at the negotiating table with Kim Jong Un getting him to talk about denuclearisation, do you?

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
I don't see Mr. Winnie the Pooh at the negotiating table with Kim Jong Un getting him to talk about denuclearisation, do you?
not sure what is Mr. Winnie the Pooh, and please do not use this kind of who-knows-maybe-you-know name.

i believe my opinion is clear: 1. security concern of DPRK 2. security concern of US

if anyone wants one of the concerns to be solved in priority to another, the one must be a fool. that won't happen.
US president is not fool, DPRK guys are not fool too.