Did Winston Churchhill have bipolar disorder?

Jan 2015
Front Lines of the Pig War
A while back, I was insecure about the disorder, and I looked famous people who had it, and it he had it. Since, he worked in spikes (mania). Does anyone know if this is true?
There are some indications.

Manic episodes may include symptoms such as high energy, reduced need for sleep, and loss of touch with reality. Depressive episodes may include symptoms such as low energy, low motivation, and loss of interest in daily activities. Mood episodes last days to months at a time and may also be associated with suicidal thoughts.
He certainly was high energy, and often worked very long hours.
He also talked about the "Black Dog" (episodes of depression)

Mar 2016
Australia
I never heard of any historians claiming this. We know he was an alcoholic and a chain smoker thought.
It's inaccurate to say he was an alcoholic, in that it implies he was completely dependent on it and had no control over his drinking. He certainly enjoyed it a lot, but he was very rarely drunk because he knew how to drink properly, and he personally despised alcoholics and drunks. He often mixed his alcohol with soda, and sipped at a leisurely pace. According to Andrew Roberts in his recent biography of Churchill, there was only one recorded time he was genuinely drunk, and it was at the darkest point in World War II. Other than he was remarkably immune to becoming drunk.

Dec 2011
Iowa USA
It's inaccurate to say he was an alcoholic, in that it implies he was completely dependent on it and had no control over his drinking. He certainly enjoyed it a lot, but he was very rarely drunk because he knew how to drink properly, and he personally despised alcoholics and drunks. He often mixed his alcohol with soda, and sipped at a leisurely pace. According to Andrew Roberts in his recent biography of Churchill, there was only one recorded time he was genuinely drunk, and it was at the darkest point in World War II. Other than he was remarkably immune to becoming drunk.
Drinking as much as WC did for decades is a high insult to the human body, a system which does not make judgement about a socially proper way to consume.