Different ending to WWII

Aug 2006
Waltheofshire
The Phantom of Christ said:
How do you think the World would be now if Germany, Italy, and Japan won WWII?
Mass executions, enslavement, rape, subjugation and paranoid terror under the title "conquest"?

But the Germans(and Italians?) would have eventually have fought the Japanese- hardly Hitler's Aryan ideal?

What a clash that would have been in the Jungle and urban theatres?

Jun 2006
celtman
I think they wouldn't have last long. The allies would have regrouped and re entered Europe in the invasion of World War III in 1953

I mean something like they destroyed the armies of the other countries so the Allies couldn't regroup to fight more. Like they a-bombed the US and other ally countries.

I think that they might not have fought each other after winning. They could split the nations apart between them.

Aug 2006
Mass executions, enslavement, rape, subjugation and paranoid terror under the title "conquest"?
That sums it up. As I said in some other topic, the Axis powers would burn in the flames that they themselves set until some nation destroys them.

Aug 2006
Nebraska
kingtaker said:

But the Germans(and Italians?) would have eventually have fought the Japanese- hardly Hitler's Aryan ideal?

No. Hitler view the Japanese as their Aryan brothers in the East.

Aug 2006
Um lemme see .... much much more mass murders 9COmmunist , gyspsies, jews, just in USSR would be enormously high, maybe 3-4 times the original Jewish death toll deaths)

Stronger Alcholol content in beer (Germany)

Pathetic Catholic church (Pope with Mussolini)

Maybe Mexico attacking America (Germany tried to persuade earlier)

Really, I think ...... it would be a mass genocide, with few surviviors on both sides.

(Like killing someone before last breath)

Nov 2006
Sitting in a wheelie chair.
kingtaker said:

As opposed to the Communist's mass executions, enslavement, rape, subjugation and paranoid terror? Hello, Stalin killed way more people than Hitler ever did. He sent people away to Siberia to toil away to death in weather cold enough to freeze your nuts off. After the capituation of the Third Reich Stalin actually ordered that the soldiers of the Red Army be allowed three days of rape, plunder, and murder. As for the paranoid terror have you ever heard of the Great Purges? The Communist's were much worse than the Nazi's. However the Nazi's were still bad. (Just to clarify, I am not a Nazi, I just get pissed at Germany being singled out all the time. Throughout history things like the Holocaust were pretty common in wars.)

On the German-Japanese war. It would not have happened. After the Allies were pushed out of Europe, America would have sent everything against Japan. Even if Japan could stem the tide of American soldiers and win or fight to a stand-still and an armistice there would be no war. The Japanese were declared "Honorary Arians". So that would have been problem for the Japs and the Germans to get along. Another point would be without Japan as an ally Germany might as well have been alone. Italy was almost as worthless in that war as France was. And as for the Allies coming back into Europe. Not happening. Without England as a spring-board for the Invasion of Normandy the Americans would have no way of getting into Europe. And without the Soviets the Americans would have been utterly crushed in every meaning of the word. Americans over-estimate their importance in the war. It was the Soviets that won the war. They had the manpower and they repulsed German troops America just opened a second front* which just diverted German troops.

Second Front * Actually not the second but the third (There was the Italian front after Operation Husky.) it is however commonly called the second front.

Nick

Historum Emeritas
Jul 2006
UK
Stalin only killed more people because he ruled longer.
Imagine if Hitler was fuhrer for 25 years then put the estimated killings into proportion.

Nov 2006
Sitting in a wheelie chair.
Well even if you compare the eleven years of Hitler's rule and eleven years of Stalin's rule it's still higher. Heck Stalin actually signed individual death warrents every night. He even ordered his soldiers to clear minefields by marching over them. What kind of leader is that?