Dipped in Olive Oil

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
i had a moroccan friend who did that as well, probably wide spread in Mediterranean and middle east, arabs also pour olive oil in their food as well

regards
Now that you mentioned it, I also had it on the table in a restaurant and in the hotel in Morocco. And like you I also have the idea that is a custom widespread around the Mediterranean.

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
Olive Oil is Spanish typical breakfast... Ham, Olive oil and toast.

Olive il arrived to America from Spain in 16th Century.. first to Antillas then New Spain, El Piru and El Plata... Spaniards planted the olive trees in California late 18th Century.

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
Well it is entirely possible that they also took over this barbaric habit on certain flights (you don't have to cool oil unlike butter, so it is probably cheaper)
As you well know, Netherlands have the same olive trees than Polar bear in Spain...definitely only a prankster can say that olive oil was brought to the Indies by the Dutch ...:lol:

Antilles-New Spain - El Piru - El Plata - California.

Spaniards introduced olive oil in North America (few centuries before KLM were stablished in 1919)...in fact... some days before Wright brothers were born... well.. in fact... some days before nobody with Wrigh Surname were travelled to America.

An Olive Press built by the Spaniards in San Miguel, California (USA from 1848):

KLM introduced the olive oil in America.. and Iberia introduced McDonald in Asia...

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
As you well know, Netherlands have the same olive trees than Polar bear in Spain...definitely only a prankster can say that olive oil was brought to the Indies by the Dutch ...:lol:

Antilles-New Spain - El Piru - El Plata - California.

Spaniards introduced olive oil in North America (few centuries before KLM were stablished in 1919)...in fact... some days before Wright brothers were born... well.. in fact... some days before nobody with Wrigh Surname were travelled to America.

An Olive Press built by the Spaniards in San Miguel, California (USA from 1848):

KLM introduced the olive oil in America.. and Iberia introduced McDonald in Asia...
I think you misunderstood me. I don't claim KLM introduced olive oil anywhere, just that it is entirely possible that they serve it on certain flights.
I would never claim anything as Dutch that has to do with olive oil. Traditionally we use butter or fat for cooking and bread and mayonnaise based dressings for things like salads. Olive oil just gives you the Squits.

Similar History Discussions