Discovery of Australia

Feb 2015
south Slavic guy
Not sure what you think what I am trying to reach.

Only those who really migrate. Even today there are still people that are born, live and die in the same place. Those are obviously not migrants. And this has nothing to do directly with evolution.

It is a good start for some it isn’t necessarily for others. Anyway History doesn’t begin in year 0. By the way Jesus Christ officially born in the year 1, in the AC calendar there isn’t a year “0”.

The fact that you state that you don’t care doesn’t mean that history as a discipline/social science doesn’t care.

And the object of history is not to know your lineage. That is only a part of history. As all attracts some and doesn’t attract others. Personally I like history, I have a professional qualification in history, I am a history teacher for years and the only lineage that I know are my parents and grandparents, I don’t have curiosity to know more about my lineate, but I have curiosity to know more about other aspects of history.

Well, don’t know much about it, but I think that there are Fauna and Flora in America since the continents separated from Pangea. But that is Natural History, not History.
I think it's ridiculous to state that certain tribe discovered America some 12,000 years ago. Or it actually might be 15,000. Who knows? What are some 3,000 years more or less?
Are you sure that the continents weren't together back then? )) LOL. How's this a "discovery"?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Really? You think a distance of over 2000 km is "close"?

Look, it is good to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out. Australians have been studying this subject pretty thoroughly for over a century. We would love to see some proper evidence that sheds more light on this part of our history.
Just stumbled in this post now, I know that has some 20 days but since I saw this 2000 number… here it goes:

The distance between Timor and Australia isn’t over 2000km, if this site is correct, is around 600-700km (Distance from East Timor to Darwin), from coast to coast, and yes either 600 or 2000 km it is “close” for explorers that are exploring since they left Europe. So the distance isn’t an obstacle, the real obstacle here is that we don’t have a definitive source, we just have a possibility.

Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
If it were not for Portugal to have the initiative of discoveries, what would the world be like tod
Yes later discovered but by whom ???

Se não fosse Portugal ter a iniciativa dos descobrimentos, como seria o mundo de hoje?
Sim eram descorbertos mais tarde,mas por quem???

Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Yes friend Tulius is right Timor to Australia 600 km little more.

Sim amigo Tulius tem razão Timor a Austrália 600 km pouco mais.

When other navigators of other countries arrived there the Portuguese already dominated these seas before 100 years of the arrival of those countries.

Quando outros navegadores de outros paíse lá chegaram os portuguêses já dominavam esses mares antes 100 anos da chegada desses países .

It was Portugal that taught everyone, it is in history first Portugal second to Spain.

Foi Portugal que ensinou todo mundo,está na história primeiro Portugal segundo a Espanha.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
OK, so everyone agrees that the Vikings/Norse/Scandinavians were first. Despite that, the impact of the Norwegians/Vikings, et al, discovery was negligible. I don’t really care about Columbus - he never made landfall in North America - and I’m not sure how savory a character he was, or exactly what country he was from, but, no matter - he certainly never set foot in North America.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
OK, so everyone agrees that the Vikings/Norse/Scandinavians were first. Despite that, the impact of the Norwegians/Vikings, et al, discovery was negligible. I don’t really care about Columbus - he never made landfall in North America - and I’m not sure how savory a character he was, or exactly what country he was from, but, no matter - he certainly never set foot in North America.
I don't think that the Norse were the first in Australia! Or Columbus :)
I am guessing that you posted in the wrong thread.

But for a esoteric discovery, we have the Phoenician "theory".

Similar History Discussions