Discovery of Australia

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
Apart from spying to Venice? :D
Great Tulius.. +1. Vespucci is one of the most detestable men in history. I am never going to understand why Elisabeth and Ferdinand never beheded off...save maybe because of their Catholic humanitarism... he had nothing to do with the discovery of West Hemisphere or West Indies or with COLOMBIA.. true name of the Continent.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Columbus did not discover America Superinteressante.
Columbus did not discover America. About 500 years before him, the Vikings had already crossed the Atlantic and founded colonies in Canada.

João Vaz Corte-Real 1420 in Faro 1496 in Angra do Heroísmo was a navigator ... Corte-Real also organized other trips that will have taken him to the coast of North America, exploring from the banks of the Hudson River and São Lourenço to the Canada and the Labrador Peninsula. In 1474 ...

Gaspar Corte-Real - Wikipedia

Canada wants to install statue of Portuguese descendant indigenous descendant in Lisbon

The embassy of Canada in Portugal is promoting the installation in Lisbon of a statue signed by Luke Marston, a tetraneto of Joe Silvey, an Azorean whaler, pioneer of Canadian colonization.

The Canadian embassy in Portugal is promoting the installation in Lisbon of a statue signed by Luke Marston, a tetraneto of Joe Silvey, an Azorean whaler, pioneer of Canadian colonization and now a symbol of integration.

Canada marks 150 years of the proclamation of independence this year and its diplomatic missions around the world are preparing a series of cultural events.

We are a product of mixture, diversity, we have two official languages, English and French, and a number of indigenous languages, plus, over the 150 years of Canada's establishment as a country, we have grown through immigration, which has created an even more diverse Canada, populated by people from the four corners of the world, he said Jeffrey Marder

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Today we can look back and wonder at the unmitigated arrogance of imperial colonialism.
But then the Maoris were not native to New Zealand either. They were castaways of a tribe that was forced to leave Hawai’i because they were aggressive and warlike. What do you think would have happened in Australia if the Maorihad settled there? Would the aborigines have survived? Who knows.

Unmitigated arrogance, but on whose part?

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
LatinoEuropa said:
@Dan Howard OK

TERRA DE JAVA . Cristóvão Mendonça 1522 ) AUSTRALIA

Discovery of the Timor 1512 portuguese Timor It is close to Australia
Really? You think a distance of over 2000 km is "close"?

Look, it is good to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out. Australians have been studying this subject pretty thoroughly for over a century. We would love to see some proper evidence that sheds more light on this part of our history.

LatinoEuropa said:
@Dan Howard OK

TERRA DE JAVA . Cristóvão Mendonça 1522 ) AUSTRALIA

Discovery of the Timor 1512 portuguese Timor It is close to Australia
Really? You think a distance of over 2000 km is "close"?

Look, it is good to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out. Australians have been studying this subject pretty thoroughly for over a century. We would love to see some proper evidence that sheds more light on this part of our history.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yes, it's near.

Similar City Porto Londom 2030 km
My mother was born in Dutch TiImor which was part of the Dutch East Indies...

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
You say that the Vikings discovered North America between 1000 years 1100 and was never disclosed the discovery was perhaps a secret of the Vikings because of the Pope..

hehehe joke
The evidence of Viking settlement is conclusive. Columbus was not first, but he had a much greater lasting effect.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Columbus may have visited a number of Caribbean Islands, but this was not “continental North America”, so I don’t credit him with any initial discovery there.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Columbus may have visited a number of Caribbean Islands, but this was not “continental North America”, so I don’t credit him with any initial discovery there.
In 1492 I agree

Canada is North America the first that discovered was the Viking the second was the Portuguese navigator

João Vaz Corte-Real was in Canada in 1473.

Spain's problem with Portugal has always been to want to be superior to Portugal. Yes in population they are superior but Portugal was the first country to make the Maritime Discoveries

I'm talking about history, I'm not worried about Spain wanting superior to Portugal on the History of Navigation

will simply say two things Spain Netherlands France England contributed to be born new countries in several continents, not forgetting the real history who divided the world was Portugal and Spain with their discoveries, France Netherlands England did not discover anything maybe they discovered small Islands, only those countries only robbed the lands discovered that belonged to the kingdom of Portugal and kingdom of Spain

The great problem of Portugal was to have few population for its greater empire.

With my truth about the history of the discoveries, I do not want to offend the countries that did not discover anything, only gave their contribution in the birth of new countries. Lands that belonged to Portugal and Spain