• I don't know

Votes: 40 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Closed

Moros

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
No. I do not believe in life after death. When you die there is nothing else. This life is all you get. Your body gets recycled, but you (as an individual, as a personality, as a being, as a force) will cease to exist.

MarshallBudyonny

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
New Verulamium
Define the term "life". Do you mean another existence irrespective of whether it's what we traditionally deem "life" as in living in and interacting with the current existing natural world. Or do you mean life in the sense that we return to earth in this form or another, similar to the principle of re-incarnation.

abram

Ad Honorem
Oct 2014
oklahoma
I have no belief in an afterlife, but I believe we can experience Heaven or Hell here on earth in our own lifetime, depending on our attitude.

Jan 2011
Bangsar
According to Islam(atleast from my reading and knowledge). Afterlife happen when a leaf(that symbolize you)fell in heaven.When this happened, the angel of death will come to you and strip your soul starting with the feet bottom up.

When the soul is stripped from the body, it is said as to be a painful process. The pain differ on the level of piety one toward God. It is describe that the minimum pain is liken to be strike by 40 sword stabs ( but maybe this is a classic Arabic wordplay(the number 40) saying it is extremely painful).

The soul will linger around the body until it is buried under the earth. Here, the world will change, you are now in the world call the baqa' world (maybe other dimension like heaven and hell, not that clear on the definition). Once there, the soul will be interrogated by two angels. You will answer for the all the deeds in the earth. You cannot lie here because the one who do the talking is not you but your dead body( your hand, your mouth,ears,eyes etc). They will testify on behalf of you as they are the true witness of what you have done(eg, the hand will testify that you steal using it, your feet testify that you enter a forbidden place etc). For each bad deeds you will be struck by one of the angels. This will keep on going until the end day.

On the end day all creatures will ceased to exist. The last two entity will be God and the angel of death. Later the angel of death will strip its on life at a place between heaven and earth.

After all creation ceased. God then will resurrect all the creations and place the djinn and human on a vast field. Accordingly, the people and djinns will be categorized on which prophet that has been sent to them.There they will wait for the judgment for either the will go to heaven or go to hell.

Last edited:

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Yes, I believe that there is life after death. I believe that our soul / Atman which is also called the ' Karan Deha ' i.e causative body survives the death of our gross body or ' Sthula Deha '. Not only that the ' subtle body ' or the ' Sukshma Deha ' also survives our death. While the Atman or Soul or causative body is so called because it is the Cause of all our life including all our physical and mental activities. It is the driver or initiator / controller. Not to be confused with Paramatman or ' Mahakaran ' or the ' Primal Cause ' which is God in other words.
The subtle body or ' Sukshma Deha ' is comprising of all our encapsulated sensations , our encapsulated memories, feelings and our merits and demerits earned in the life we have just lived through.
The subtle body is sticking to the Atman or Soul.
After death, for about 13 days the subtle body and the entangled Atman or soul do not leave the vicinity of death. They linger there until sent on their way when a ritual called the Pantheya Shraddha is carried out, in which a dish of food is ceremonially offered to the dead person, including his /her favourite food items, if this is possible. Three priests take this food on the 13th day ritual. On this feast all the friends, relatives and sons /daughters of the dead person attend and partake of the food specially prepared for this day. However, before the food is offered to the priests, it is offered to the crows, in another dish, as it is felt that the dead person is inducing the crows to eat the ' Pantheya ' ( Food for the journey ) offered. If the crow/s does not eat the food, promises are made loudly to the dead person, to do whatever his / her unfulfilled desires indicate or promises are made to look after his /her progeny and so on. When the crow eats a morsel the priests are offered their dishes. If the crow does not touch the food or simply does not appear, it is considered a bad sign. Eventually, a crow made up of grass is brought near the dish and is touched to the food.
Only then the soul+subtle body reach the place of the manes or the forefathers. They are there sent to either heaven or hell as per the balance of their merit / demerit. after this balance is exhausted, the soul goes in search of another physical body to occupy. His /her subtle body is, of course, there with him /her. The entanglement with subtle bodies go on increasing till , by effort, we get rid of subtle bodies accumulated over births, by spiritual grace. And then the Atman or soul merges with Mahakaran or God. And is never reborn.

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
I believe there's something after death, because of unexplained occurrences and things to do with mediums while out ghost-hunting. But I would hesitate to call it life. It's hard to call it anything, really. I just don't know enough.
Please do have a look at my post 16, for the Hindu view.

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
I definitly believe in life after death. I do believe that the spirit can either reincarnate, or rest for a while in an afterlife, or get trapped on earth. I believe because of faith in something else and it comes down to a gut feeling, but what that something else is I can't or don't have the knowledge to say.

Do you ghost hunt yourself Domhnall ?
Ben, have a look please at my post no. 16. This is the Hindu view, unless you are already aware of these details. By the way, where have been over the new year ? Sleeping it off, so to speak ?

Mar 2014
Canterbury
Zozo talks to me all the time. I feel cursed
I'd like to get annoyed by this comment, but the sheer amount of ghost-hunters I've seen who actually believe they have a spirit guide or can speak to demons...

I'm not one of them. I take 'mediums' telling me specific, highly-detailed things they shouldn't and couldn't know as evidence. And sometimes my own sight. Not 'senses of presences,' or auras.

Do you ghost hunt yourself Domhnall ?
Yep, quite often. But not like most ghost-hunters, with their expensive equipment, poor circulation, and habitual fleeing ;) I treat it scientifically. Go in with scepticism, attempt to explain anomalies, conclude in some cases that you can't, then gather more experience.

Last edited:
Status
Closed